Boy's Robot Bedroom Ideas? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Boy's Robot Bedroom Ideas?

My son is 6 and he wants a robot themed room, any ideas come to mind? Think out of the box. He's very creative and loves puzzles, legos, magnets, drawing. I'd love to make his room interactive and playful. Think vintage tin robots, and the Robots movie.

For paint we are thinking maybe light mustang retro blue, pale green, yellowish green, orange, or turquoise??? I don't know yet but those are the colors that he likes. I will probably pick 2 to use, any suggestions?

I'd love to add some industrial accents too like scrap robot parts for a lamp or something like that? I'd like to do as much as I can myself without spending too much. I'd love to use scraps or things i could get real cheap. I'm pretty artsy and good at this kind of stuff so i think i can pull it off I just need some ideas...

Thanks!
lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

found some fun robot theme bedding
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...&creative=9325
fahyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I think anything metallic or silver would be a great addition. I picked up a silver dry erase board and it looks just like metal. That would be a cute addition for something he could write on and look kinda industrial. What about that silver expandable tubing used for venting dryers? If you affixed it on one end and ran it accross a corner of his room from the ceiling it might look like venting or could become arms and legs for the robots. I bet you could pick up some "parts" at the hardware store to decorate as well. Love the idea!!! He is going to have a really cool room! I know a while ago I saw an idea on Martha Stewart's website for making a robot Halloween costume, so maybe you could get some ideas from places like that!
norbert41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

There is a store called "The Company Store" and they have a kids' division called "Company Kids"...their catalog or internet site has so many cool ideas and I'm pretty sure there was a robot themed room. Check out their website, you might find some really unique ideas! I just went there and tried to find it...in the search box type in robot and it will come up with the items...very cute ideas!
chankoowashtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

lst make something on the wall out of sheet metal so he can use his magnets on to play with then make a metal or u can do it on the wall, chalkboard paint. The also have magnetic paint as well. U can also incorporate that in other things that u may use or paint on the wall etc...

As far as robot lamps... i nevr played mch w/ robots but u could ck. thrift stores/garage sales/ swap meets/ Dollar stores/ for anything that would look robot-like then take the gutts of a lamp u don't like & thread it thru it for a lamp.

have u done GOOGLE for some pics that may give u ideas for paint & the walls? U can paint a few robots on his wall then put his face in the robot's face & add either anthr face of his favorite animal or u etc.

U can find old robot toys at the thrift store .. & glue them on the handles of his dresser for decor.

I saw a show one time where they put stanless steel sheets on the bttm. of the walls & screwed w/ washers them into the wall for that industrial feel. then he could use that for a magnets.. then u could paint that chalkboard paint somewhere as well.

ck. out http://www.diynetwork.com OR http://www.hgtv.com .. they r always doing neat things

have fun!
Unai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Aj has some great ideas. You could also use silver paint with a magnetic base so you don't have to spend as much money with sheet metal. Using cardboard you could paint and cut it to various shapes and put adhesive velcro on them hang a basic body shape from the ceiling wall door etc and he would be able to create his own robots all the time. Go with the retro blue and the yellowish green and use different metalic paints or some of the robot stuff. If you'd like, you can contact me and I'd be more than happy to put together a few sketches.
varney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Better Homes and Gardens website has some really neat and creative ideas. They think outside the box so they are not just throw up some paint and pics. They have ways you can build beds that look like castles and other things. I have a girl so Im not sure what they have for boys but you should check it out.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion