Changing seats in a 2001 mustang svt Cobra? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Changing seats in a 2001 mustang svt Cobra?

I recently went and looked and test drove this car. It runs great and very fast. The only thing I dont like is the front seats. They have been replaced with cloth seats that look very cheap. I think they are the ones that go in the V6 mustang. How hard would it be to replace the seats and put new ones in. I've been looking on ebay. There are racing cobra seats that are cheap. Like $200. Idk they might be crappy. Do I just have to buy the seats or would i need to buy parts too? Can I install them myself. I'm not very good at mechanics.
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Changing seats in a 2001 mustang svt Cobra?

If its the condition of the seats that you are not happy with, but the funcionality is fine. Go to a trim shop and have them recovered with leather. Shops around here will do it for around $500 to $900 and they come with a 3 year 36000 mile warranty.

Otherwise, changing the whole seat is easy, but your still getting an old seat, remember.
sutton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2001 mustang, svt