What level of horse rider am I? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What level of horse rider am I?

I know this type of question can get annoying, but I'm pretty bored and curious. I'll try to make it short (emphasis on TRY)

I'm 15 and I've been riding for around 7 years, most of them western but I've been doing english lately and really enjoy it. I've never had my own horse (although I've wanted one for forever) but have taken A LOT of lessons. I have ridden everything from easy quarter horses to mustangs to a young feisty halflinger to a thoroughbred to a high-strung dutch warmblood. I'm comfortable at all gaits in any tack or bareback. My instructor likes me to ride his semi-crazy horse every once in a while because I have "a good seat and quiet hands". The therapeutic riding center that I volunteer at likes me to exercise their horses. I've done a little jumping with a non-jumping type horse, probably about 2'.
One more thing- I LOOOOOOOOVE HORSES!!!!!! they are the best part of my life <3

Sorry that&#039;s a little long... Thanks in advance for your feedback
azuriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Well, this can go two ways.

On the flat, I would say you&#039;re advanced. Especially since I&#039;m assuming you can ride out a buck and rear, along with high strung horses.

However, with jumping, I would call you a beginner. So it depends.

You do have experience, just in a specific type of field. I would work on broadening your skills.

Well done, though =)

How to improve-

Take some dressage lessons, as well as jumping lessons. I would also tend a few shows if you&#039;re into that kind of thing.
warrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It sounds to me like you are an intermediate/advanced rider. In my opinion the best experience comes from having your own horse, and working for or taking lesson from a stable and riding different horses and being able to learn how to deal with and ride different types of horses.
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Don&#039;t get offended, but I&#039;d say you&#039;re a beginning intermediate. But only because I view Grand Prix skill-level riders as advanced, not anybody lower. But it sounds like you have a lot of talent and the ability to go far! Keep working hard. If you posted a YouTube link of you riding we could evaluate your skill a lot better, it&#039;s really hard to tell from a description. Good luck!
duran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Probably...Intermediate/Advanced.
Work a little more on other disciplines, ex. jumping, dressage, barrels, reining, etc.

Good luck!
arvad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i would say you are an intermediate rider. if your instructor trusts you with his horse that says quite a bit about your skills. good for you. and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE horses too! happy riding
lise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

you sound like a good rider to me.
you hav done alot of different stuff and you sound pretty confident.
arlen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

advanced intermediate rider
or slightly advanced
napayshni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #9

Wow! You are probably advanced=] It souns like you have a lot of pass ion for the sport! Be safe and have fun!
Zachaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

i&#039;d say intermediate/advanced
lorren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I would have to say.... intermediate. You really can&#039;t judge riding. You can compare but that is about it. No matter how long you&#039;ve ridden, how much you study, or what you have done, there is always more to learn. It is never ending. I think EVERYBODY is an Intermediate rider. Even Professional Trainers. You may excel in one area but lack in another. And you know what... that will only benefit you in the end. So never classify yourself as a certain type of rider. You always have more to learn and new things are coming out everyday Happy Riding
corren is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion