What are some good ways to add horsepower to my car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What are some good ways to add horsepower to my car?

I have a 2000 Ford Mustang GT with only a BBK Cold air intake. I want to get a diablosport tuner and Steeda racing pulleys for it. What are some other ways I can add horsepower? and give some prices if possible..

Thanks!!
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

One of the first things you should consider is a good free flowing exhaust.You already have an "H" pipe on your ride,a good catback would help your 4.6 breath better.Mac,Flowmaster,SLP,Magnaflow,Stee… are just a few of the people that make high quality catbacks for your car,its really a personal choice.A good quality catback will run you anywhere from $400.00 for a FM all the way to $600.00 for one of Bassani's stainless catbacks.You should also consider going to an X pipe mid-pipe instead of the H.The X helps scavange or pull the exhaust form the engine and also balances the exhaust from one side to the other.Plus the sound you get w/ the X is unmistakeable.Headers are another way of freeing up hp.A good set of headers will run you $500.00-$1,000.00 for a set of quality stainless headers.Gears are the way to go if you want the most out of your $$.A set of 3.73 or 4.10 gears will give you instant response when you drop your right foot to the floor.The performance parts and power adders and combinations of the two are quite extensive.It'll probably take you a week to decide which catback to buy.Check out some of the Mustang websites,read what some of the members have done to their rides.Hope this helped,good luck.
westbroc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Adding gears tho not a "power adder" would give a good seat of the pants difference in how your car preforms. If you have an Automatic get Ford Racing 4.10 gears. If it's a manual transmission I suggest Ford Racing 3.73 gears. these ar around $130-$150.
For the best HP gains a supercharger is whats needed.

Check out www.modulardepot.com
akins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Turbo, supercharger, Nitrous. You figure it out.
iain is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion