17 years old kind wants a 2003 mustang gt??!!!!!!!1? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

17 years old kind wants a 2003 mustang gt??!!!!!!!1?

ive been looking for a car for over 4 months, right now i have a 2002 s10 xtreme, its the v4 so its really slow, i want i dont know what to choose, my options are: 350z, 1999-2004 mustang gt, Cadillac cts, maxima 2004 3.5, the ? anybody can help me to choose which one is the right for me? IM NOT RICH, i have a part time job, n i get paid like 900-1000 dollars monthly, my mom is going to pay for the gas, so , yea i want the car for my senior year, i want the nissan 350z, but everybody tell me that i cant eforth a car like this rite now........help me!!!!!!!!!1
micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

all those suck... get a supra if you want something good.
roselyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Not wanting to bust your bubble but you might want to call your ins. co. and get some insurance prices on these cars...All of them are real nice but for someone your age,the insurance will be so high,its just not worth it to own one..You may want to stick with the S10 for a while longer...
Good Luck!

The one thing that will save you some is that it will have to be in your parents name until you are 18,but they are gonna have to list you as the driver and that will HURT..
I am a dealer and this is the reason I dont have many of these type cars...Ins. is just rediculous..
Farren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

be sure to get an insurance quote.
lise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well, the only way I could see your affording a car like that, is if you spend all you pay on the monthly payments and insurance. Assuming your parents have good credit (it will have to be in their name until you are 19) monthly payments on a 2003 mustang gt should run about 400-500 bucks a month. Insurance will probably run you about 400-500 bucks also. So you are looking at about 800-1000 bucks a month for your car, do you want it that bad?

I'd talk to your parents, because you can't buy a car anyway at your age. So if you get in over your head it will be them who take the fall. They may limit your choices for you.

Also will your mother be paying for you gas until you are 21?(assuming you get 4 year financing) Keep all this in mind.
mathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I don't recommend the mustang, they are overrated and drive like crap, with little power. The 350z would be awesome if you can afford it. and another car to look at is a camero, they are nice, fast, and typically rather cheap, perfect for a high school kid.
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

There are so many things to consider when getting a new/used car like price, mileage, overall condition of car, gas milage , etc. It's important to get a car that you like and makes you feel cool. Check out this car site, it will definately help you to decide which car is the best .
http://www.find-cheap-used-cars.com
Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well, it looks like it has been well covered...Fact is,you have to be 18 to enter into any contract and if you do,with your parents buying for you,the ins. co. is gonna smoke ya!
I see alot of thumbs down on these correct answers,so if you will just jot down what you want to hear,I will respond back with that answer...
montrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

if you like you can lease a new 2008 BMW for about $450-$600 a month and have the best senior car and have a great year
BMW ultimate driving machine with unmatched performance,luxury,value,everything
Kermichil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Here's some food for thought:

A guy I knew in high school worked 2 jobs and saved every penny he made until he could buy a brand new Mustang GT. He had it for less than a month and totaled it. He also totally screwed up his knee and needed surgery, which permanently ended his soccer career (he was offered a couple scholarships to small schools).

The same thing (or worse) could happen to you. And don't give me some crap about being a "responsible" driver. You don't even know what responsible driving is yet, and with the cars you're looking at, don't even try to tell me you won't be doing 100 on the freeway within a week of buying the car.
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

of course you can't afford a car like that now!!! USe your head.

Cadillacs, Maximas, 350z's ??????????

Try calling your insurance company and let them shock the hell out of you with the insurance quote. It will be at LEAST $5000 per year.
fitzsimons85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

your biggest problem is insurance -- that will be your problem until you are 25. your insurance will definitely go up when you get your speeding tickets -- and statistics show that you WILL get a speeding ticket. Why? Because 17 year olds in Mustang GT attact attention -- especially the attention of law enforcement officers, they will be waiting for you to just go 1 mile over the posted speed limit.

Do you and your mom a favor - buy a sensible car until you have a full time job and can support your own car payment, insurance, gas and maintenance --- and take your mom out to dinner once a week -- then you can afford it!!
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Get the Ford (first on rubish dump) GT (gearbox trouble) hey man they are good and fast. Good for nothing and fast falling apart.

Hey man I hope this helped you a lot. LOL
aodh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2003 mustang