2OOO Mustang !!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2OOO Mustang !!?

Ok im looking at a 2000 Mustang with a 5 speed manual transmition for sale for ONE G. This car had a V6 engeen but the engeen failed and now there is a 2002 COBRA engeen under the hood the car has 72K miles on it but the engeen has worked way less than that. Exterior of the car is in great shape but inside needs new wiring and some other works. Is it worth it to buy the car for one grand and since the enggen has been changed do i have to change the transmition 2 ? what if i wanna put a super charger as well and wut brand would u recomend? I appreciate all ur help sincerely
Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

2OOO Mustang !!?

It seems like a good buy, the 02 cobra engine is worth more then 1k by itself. You dont have to change the transmission but if you are going to go the supercharger route then you do need to change the transmission. The hp output with a supercharger will be too much for the transmission, it will kill your transmission quickly. As far as superchargers go, it is a great mod for the 02 cobra engines. They do great with supercharger. As far as the type of supercharger, I would go with either a twin screw supercharger like a kenne bell or whipple or a roots supercharger like the eaton that comes stock on the 03/04 cobras. Owners of the 03/04 cobras often swap out there eaton for a kenne bell so you can pick up an eaton supercharger with low miles for an awsome price, probally 70% cheaper then you would spend on a new twin screw supercharger. With the eaton you would have one fast car. That is the route I would go with. I own a 04 cobra and have a decent amount of knowelege in cobras and stangs. I am going to swap my eaton out for a kenne bell sometime within the next 6 months. My eaton is also ported by stiegmyer so it has about 100 more hp then the stock eaton superchargers. If you are serious about getting a supercharger or if you have anymore questions feel free to give me an email. Good luck and have fun.
brydger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

2OOO Mustang !!?

If you want a v6 get one but if you want horsepower and speed get a V8 and save the money you may need to Dump in this car. For what your telling is that the car has been abuse and is in need of repairs.
chankoowashtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

2OOO Mustang !!?

This site has some good deals on 2000 mustangs. I saw one V6 green one for $2000

http://mustang.compactcaronly.com/de...s=2000+mustang
ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

2OOO Mustang !!?

It's gonna cost you a couple thousand to do the interior and wiring. You dont have to get a new transmission but won't get anywhere near the horsepower out of your engine as you would with one made for it. If you put a supercharger on it it would be because you want it to be fast. A different transmission would also help that. Drive the car before you buy it, if thats possible, and see how it runs. Make sure there arent any noises to be worried about.
aronek is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion