I am trying to put together a simple performance mod on my 05 Civic LX? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I am trying to put together a simple performance mod on my 05 Civic LX?

I am not looking for insane performance. I don't want to race or anything. I just want a little bit more speed and acceleration some more zip gotta attempt to keep up with the guys on the turnpike when I'm driving home.

My first question is an exhaust kit? If I buy a kit does it come with the high flow cat and down pipe or is that something separate? Also how can I find an exhaust kit that doesn't have one of those annoying mufflers I don't want the whining ricey muffler I want something more grungy like I have on my 07 mustang is that possible? how do I know what the muffler will sound like before I buy it?

I will also be purchasing headers and a cold air intake.

With that said if I decide to add one of those electric superchargers can that be added even with the cold air intake installed or is it an either or type deal. The same goes for the air filter I have installed now its a K&N air filter the rectangular type can that say or does it need to come out.

If anyone can think of any other additions that will help get more horsepower I would be glad to hear about it. Plus when I do all of this can anyone give me an estimate on where my HP will be

For general info its a 1.7 Liter 115 HP and there is nothing currently installed

If everyone who responds can be very specific about what I should look for when purchasing these parts.

I came across a turbo charger on eBay and it was just the turbocharger no tubes no nothing is that all I need or is there more to it.
bellden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

first of all NEVER EVER BUY TURBOS OF EBAY they are mostly leaky pieces of crap.... cracked and don't spool...

as for the exhaust part... get the RS-R Ex Mag nice sounding exhaust
not a loud fart cannon, its a cat back system. you can hear it on youtube...

... dont add those electronic super chargers they dont do anything,
As for the inake, i would reccomend AEM or injen they are both good and good quality

headers go with GReddy 4-2-1... never DC,, take it from my personal experience, they crack

heres my part list i would reccomend....
1) RS-R ExMag Exhaust
2) GReddy 4-2-1 headers
3) Injen CAI
4) Brembo Break Calipars ( since u want to do the turnpikes)
5)Tein coil over suspension
6)Change your intake manifold ( this is optional) edbrock makes good ones
7)install front rear sway bars from comptech

This list i listed here is all basic...
i would say your horse power may increase by maybe 35hp if that...

well it also depends on how much you have to spend...
you get what you pay for... never go cheap on car parts!

also "Burberry"
hes going to be spending way more than 1000...
i guesstimate.. at least 3k plus...
if he wants to do turnpikes
hes going to need to beef up his suspension tires/rims
keandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

buy a k20a2 engine and buy a 32psi turbo and a turbo controller and set tha turbo to 29psi so your engine wont blo and wala u got yourself 231 hp
Berwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

first off start from intake, then engine then exhaust. a better exhaust will not help unless you have better intake.

the first thing i would do is re "calibrate" the intake manifold and the intake manifold slot so there is min air flow resistance.

next would probibly get a turbo- but that requires so modification to the exhaust side - room.

supercharger or turbo? well a supercharger will strain the engine, easier to fit then turbo though... since you only do the inlet side
a turbo will need adjusting the exhaust bit, making the exhaust hang lower depending on the type..
but it will not strain the engine

air filter - get a round head air filter - larger area for intaking air.

exhausts- am not quite sure on exhausts cause i don;t norm go into the stores

extras: you can get a resister that makes the fuel slightly richer to give you that "umf" - accelleration
breandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

115 HP, seems hopeless to try to gain power. Even with all the mods, it wouldn't be able to keep up with an Acura RSX or Civic SI.

Get the basic bolt ons, intake/headers/exhaust. You should get about 30-40 Horsepower gain. But even with this, it will cost you about $1,000 or a little more. These are the most basic mods you can get.
finnegan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion