MUSTANG RESTORATION help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

MUSTANG RESTORATION help?

I know the article is vague but can anyone tell me anything about this car and / or the engine? What are you thinking money wise for the restoration? Thanks http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/1314666859.html
maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The engine appears to be a 302 with air conditioning. You are correct in that the details are rather vague but it appears to be a pretty straight vehicle from the pictures.
It looks like they spray painted everything in the engine compartment including the shock rubbers, the AC clutch, wiring, hoses, brake booster and everything else. The half vinyl roof doesn't appeal to me, but that's rather subjective - some else might love it.
I would never buy a vehicle from pictures and a description without carefully checking out the vehicle first hand, but $4000 seems very reasonable if the vehicle's running gear is in good condition. I suspect that if you are interested in this vehicle, if at all possible, you should check it out in person.
bour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That looks like a plane jane 289 motor. Nothing special... nothing fast. As far as restoring it goes, you can count on about $15000 to get it painted and get an interior.
garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

it looks like a lot of work and not worth the asking price, maybe half.. figure $5k for b ody and paint, another $5k at least for the rest..assuming the engine is ok or add another $5k ..
llevelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I would first find out why he got that far and stopped. Did they find a major defect? Those were well known for rusted out frames. Check it out carefully and see what he will take.
duck-young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion