Car for sale, is it too cheap? what wrong? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Car for sale, is it too cheap? what wrong?

I came across an ad for a 2008 mustang bullitt, and its for sale for $14,000 with only 3,000km on it. Automatic. I read other listings for vehicles similar and they sell for $25,000 and up. This seems like a strange occurance, what do you think? Would there be something wrong with the car? (They have pictures of the exterior and interior and under the hood and it appears nothing wrong with it)

I'd love this car.

This is what the guy says on the listing::

This vehicle has been on the road for 2 weeks and I was the first registered owner. It has made one trip to Manitoba and has just over 3000 Kms. Has all the features of the Bullitt special edition and is completely bone stock with factory warrantee and roadside package.
dumont75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I would put out that it might have something wrong with it, but as long as it comes with a warranty I would buy it If I was you. Cause with a warranty if anything is wrong it would get fixed for free, but be sure to make sure to read the fine print on it of course and most importantly ask what is not covered. If your that iffy about it. Take it to a mechanic. when purchasing any vechile you are allowed to to take it to a mechanic to have them look at it. also request a carfax report to make sure what he said is true. well, good luck and hope all is well.
stanwyk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It may be a Clone, evidenced by the the phrase, has all the features of the Bullitt special edition, but if it was then it is not Bone Stock. Is the price more closely related to some other more mundane Mustang.
Why sell a car that's 2 weeks old, especially a rare 1 that he probably had to special order. Go ahead and look at it, if you want it, do not buy it off the web sight unseen.
LE SE FAIRE Buyer beware

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 02:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Any deal that sounds too good to be true probably is. Go see the car, drive it, inspect it closely. Make sure it is represented accurately and not some V6 Mustang dressed up to look like a Bullitt.

If the car is what they say it is and is well documented then buy it. But only if the seller is local and you've inspected it and driven it.

Don't be taken by an Internet scam that promises free shipping or escrow transactions. They are all fake.
kippar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quite frankly, it sounds too good to be true. As you may have heard, there are many instances in which people try to scam you, get the money first, and either take off, or leave you with a good looking yet messed up car. If i were you, i would ask for a car report, and legit documentation first.
abiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I answered this the last time u asked (an hour ago) to contact the seller and ask to see the car. If the response is "car is overseas and i will ship for free if u pay via eBay/Yahoo payment protection....." its a SCAM.
fearghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

nothing is wrong he is just a nice guy giving you a great deal because he knows it is JUST ANOTHER FORD.
tedmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well, it does sound "fishy" to me. If they just bought the car and went on (1) trip and now want to sell it obviously at a "LOSS" then I feel something is wrong with it. I would find out why they want to sell it, Get the "VIN' number first and do an internet check on that # to see if it has been fixed/stolen, etc... If they r on the up and up they should have no problem with you having a mechanic look at the car, they can tell if the inside of the engine is broken... example, I was going to buy a used car and it all looked beautiful, I took it to my mechanic and he told me that the engine ws rebuilt and that the internal pressure was bad and it would cause me trouble and $$$ later on so i did not buy that car... So don't rush into anything fast and get the car looked at.
lise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion