102k miles on 2000 mustang ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

102k miles on 2000 mustang ?

I'm thinking of buying a 2000 mustang V6 automatic black with pop out doors and some rims, it has driven 102238.5miles on it. The seller says the engine is in good condition,i asked if car had any problems with it and he replied "no major problems only minor details". I am probably going to check it out next week what should i look for ? The mustang convertible is up for sale near me and its up for 4,300 or 3,900 with the original rims.
roch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

well 102 is actually low for something this age, when you do the math thats about 11.333k miles a year. what your looking at has an essex 3.8l v6 with a 4-speed auto. heres more info about that engine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Essex_V6_engine_(Canadian) . what else you want to look for is service records, damage (especially on the frame) and make sure to test drive it, of course. make sure there's no hesitation in the trans, make sure the brakes aren't warped, ect, ect.
if it was for me, i would get it in manual, but thats a personal opinion. but if i wanted it in auto, i would go look at it FOR SURE.
osweald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Dude. Seriously. Are you really going to trust the seller? His interest is in selling you the car and he will therefore SAY ANYTHING so that you will buy it.

NEVER EVER BUY A CAR WITHOUT A PRIVATE PARTY INSPECTION BY AN INDEPENDENT MECHANIC. Not someone the seller recommends, FIND A SHOP. They might charge you a hundred bucks or so but that's a hell of a lot cheaper than a thousand dollar problem.

You shouldn't be wasting money on a 2000 mustang with 100,000 miles on it anyway. Especially not one that has been hacked up with pop out doors. Cars are already depreciating items, a modified car even more so.
kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The mileage is ok. Its supposed to have 12K miles per year. (12k miles X 9 years = 108K miles) So its about right on miles.You should check the Kelly Blue Book value for Private Party. KBB.com
Hope this helps! Also, try to get a Carfax report!
lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

thats not a bad price at all
txanton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2000 mustang