1998 Mustang SVT Cobra speed???????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1998 Mustang SVT Cobra speed????????

I found a 1998 mustang SVT Cobra for sale. Its got a procharger and tons of other stuff making it have 479 HP at the wheels. They said it ran 12.3. Does that sound about right? Also - I am just curious what the 0-60 time would be for a car like this. I know its a pointless figure but just curious.
Kenrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

mid 12's is about right for a mustang with this power - depending on tires & driver.
0-60 is again subject to driver abilities, tires and overall set up....but expect it should be well under 5

the 03/04 terminator series cobras (factory supercharged, 6 sp. narrow gate transmission) were rated at around 400HP and run 0-60 in well under 5, do the 1/4 in 12.9 (stock).

i would only purchase this car based on a full mechanical ck by a pro shop (compression test, review of the supercharger installation, brakes, suspension, etc).

i assume the car also has an aftermarket clutch and bigger rear end gears.

if the car has been properly set up, and has been pro tuned post supercharger installation i would think in the range of $12,000 would be reasonable price....if all cks out ok. it would likely be worth more if it had a better supercharger installation - modified twin screw design like a kenne bell or whipple (they are more expensive but deliver power earlier & in more linear fashion)

cheers 04 cobra (2.3 whipple blower @ 15lbs, 60lb injectors, BAP, fuel rails, MAFia, magnaflow exhaust system, some other stuff, pro tuned to run on 94 octane - measured at 575rwHP on dyno)
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The only way to find out is to take it to a track and run it to get the correct time and mph
austyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

and whats the rest of the story?????
imported_sid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1998 mustang, svt