Question about family troubles...? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Question about family troubles...?

my granpa and uncle buy and sell cars and also do body work and restoration... my uncle found me a 1999 mustang for my parents. my parents got a good deal but little did they know that i'm friends with the kid they got it from. i found out that they took the tires off and put balled ones on it. they left all but one lug nut off of one tire, all the tires were too small, and all different sizes. also, when when we made the deal they said they'd fix a chip in the hood. well, my grandparents say that they will no longer fix the hood because i got my lip pierced. my mom is so upset because fixing the hood was part of the deal and because of the balled tires as well. we have put new tires, shocks, replaced blinkers, headlights, brakes, and clutch. my grandmother told my mom that if we ever sale the car to please give my uncle some of the profit since we got such a good deal. should i be upset with them? i'm dazed and confused and really don't know what to think or how to take this.
coty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds to me that your family are putting you over a car for f*ks sake!
My advice would be to move the hell away from them if they are so petty.
I feel sorry for your family for tossing aside a family member! Who cares for a piece of metal?
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Im not good with soap opera stuff, but if some one sold me a car with new tires and when I went to pick it up the wheels were all jacked up and bald, I would beat the living tar out of some people..... literally some one would go in the hospital.
cleavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

NEVER DEAL WITH CLOSE FAMILY, FIRST LESSON. THE REASON IS THAT YOU ARE ALREADY COMFORTABLE WITH THEM AND TRUST THEM TO GIVE YOU A GOOD DEAL. THAT'S WHEN THEY CAN MAKE PROFIT AND YOU ARE NONE THE WISER. IF YOU GOT IN WRITING THAT THE ITEMS WERE TO BE PART OF DEAL, THEN GRANDPA AND UNCLE NEED TO COMPLETE DEAL WITH THE ITEMS BEING COMPLETED. IF THEY BUY AND SELL VEHICLES, THEY ALREADY KNOW THAT. IT SEEMS THAT YOUR UNCLE AND GRANDPA. ARE TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING. MAKING VEHICLE SELLS AND DOING BODY WORK AND RESTORATION. PIERCED LIP OR NOT IF YOUR PARENTS HAVE IT ITEMS TO BE REPAIRED IN WRITTING THEY ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO GET THEM DONE.
HOWEVER, IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE MORE MONEY GOING THROUGH AN ATTORNEY THAN GETTING THE ITEMS REPAIRED YOURSELF.
hurste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

i understand why you think you should be upset...but you shouldnt. just be glad you have the car and let the adults deal with their own siblings on the 'deal'.

P.S.....nice hat!
arrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

who took the tires off? where they part of deal?sounds like there is a lot to fix on this car,if some parts have to be replaced it start to cost a lot of money.fixing the hood was part of the deal,piercing your liphas nothing to do with it.it really don't sound like much of a deal anyway with all the repair.tellyour uncle not to hold his breath waiting for any money if you sell the extra money went into the car.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion