How much do you think its worth? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How much do you think its worth?

I bought a 66 Mustang about 3 years ago for my daughter. It was advertised as new metal all around and a rebuilt 67 305 engine with too many new parts to list. The only real problem we have had is that it has so much after market parts that it gets hard to diagnose a problem and fix it. We bought it without a dash and radio (it was restored to be a race car so they skipped on that part) But, the killer is that it has a terribly leaky cowl. This car is absolutely beautiful, but apparently there isn;t a clear coat on the pain so its starting to crack and peel a little. When my daughter went to college we bought her another car..something that could do more distance driving, so it has been sitting in our driveway unused for some time now. So..this brings me to my questions.

1- Should I spend the money and really restore the car up nice so that it is more driveable?

2- If not, what would be a good asking price for it. We ended up replacing the carb and steering box.
shaddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I have restored A ton of mustangs.I have found that unless you can do the work yourself,its much cheaper to buy one allready restored than to have one restored.
quigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I`ve heard a car is worth what you put into it. I think it would be worth "restoring" it further. Those are collector cars. Good Luck.
JosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Probably about what you paid for it, unless you paid way to much. The nice thing about Mustangs is they appreciate not depreciate.

It's up to you how much you want to spend on it, you can spend more than it will be worth. You also have to decide whether to restore it to original or modernize it.

If it's a nice coupe, it can be worth anywhere from $6k to $10k.depending on the condition and upgrades.

Here is a link from our group that covers desireable conversions
http://www.nzmustang.com/Newintoold/newintoold.htm

Here is a good support group
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion