1994 Ford Mustang Project? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1994 Ford Mustang Project?

It has no motor it had a V6, 3.8. i want to add some pony's to it to make it a fast car. my friend keeps talking it down like it would be a pain. what i would like to know is what would be the best type of motor to add to give me a lot of HP but will not need a lot of modding to put the motor in. and how would i do the computer system? I just don't want to pass up a good car project if i can do this easy
azuriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

My own experience tells me that a 302 or a 351W with a carb is the way to go because wiring is an intense project for fuel injection and it doesn't do anything for final horsepower. Then the suspension,trans a nd rear axle need to be upgraded to handle the new found horsepower under the hood.
mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i don't know how much money ur willing to fork out but heres the basics for a ford (im restoring an old ford). if it had a v6 and you want a v8, your gonna have to build up the suspension front and back. - front to haul the added weight (v8) and back to reduce understeer. idk how many pony's you want or how big your engine bay is in a 94. but you can probably shop at some local junk yards/scrap yards and find old mustang gt v8's around for a fair price. not too beefy but will get you moving fast. you could make it partially old skool and shop around ebay/local for a ford 289,302, or 351. old engines with a loud rumble/old power.

the above options involve $600-3000 for the engine and $400-$1800 to uprage suspension.
what I would do is find an old straight six from a 90 some model jeep or old ford. alot of low end torque and you won't need to alter the suspension. you see people all the time ripping these engines out for a v8 and selling them for $200-$800 so thats the cheaper option.

mine has a old six shooter and they have plenty of power, and are faster then that old cars 3.8 v6 i guarantee it.

heres sum straight sixes

old chevy

old nova

old mustang
pierre is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion