What level riding am I ?? opinions please!!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What level riding am I ?? opinions please!!?

i have seen this question and it made me wonder. what level am i? here it goes.

I ride English

when i was 6 years old i rode 1 and a half years of saddle seat. i took lessons once a week. i took summer camps there and at my very first camp show i won 1st place!

then money was super tight so i could not ride for 2 or whatever years.

9 years old i took 2 years of dressage. i took lessons once a month. (money was tight so this is all we could afford).

11 years old i started to ride at a private barn that taught Parelli Natural Horsemanship. There i rode a Mustang western style. He was part green so i got bucked off alot. (worst experience of my life). Worked at this farm for 2 weeks before i left that barn and went to the barn im at now.

Now im 14 (going to be 15 soon) and am riding at a hunter jumper stables and have been riding there for 2 years and 6 months. I hvae seen myself there evolve as a true rider.

As a kid i was very timid and shy around horses and my love for horses kept me going even thou i hated being around people because of my shyness and lack of social skills.

Now im not as shy but still timid and would never advise someone on how to do things. i have experience but am very humble and still think of myself as a beginner even thou ive cantered, jumped, etc. many times. But i have always been not very confident. But i am much more confident than i was 2 years ago and finally feel comfortable around horses.

what level riding do u think i am?
Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I say you would be intermediate or upper-intermediate, definitely not upper-beginner like those other people are saying...

And I seriously lol'd at rhcp270's answer. xD
alfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would say intermediate to advanced. Most likely high intermediate, though. I asked this question too
Hahaha, and I'm sorry about the Mustang bucking you off a lot. Happens to me all the time on my friend's horse
imported_daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i would say begginer-novice to say intermediate... idk? have u jumped much or hacked out on trail etc??? or has most of it bin in a scool inviroment?
fearghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with "Dressage Chick<3".
Shes definitely right.
bourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Have you purchased cold weather training?
ahiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I would say advanced-beginner to intermediate. You have more than the basics down, it&#039;s just the confidence you need to build.

As was mentioned, your riding history isn&#039;t consistent in one discipline, so you have the ability to ride different styles. That is good for variety, but prevents you from advancing in one discipline.

Also, aside from the somewhat green horse, I don&#039;t know what you are riding. If you are on all laid-back schooling horses, then I would lean more in the beginner direction. If you&#039;ve really ridden a variety of horses with different training levels and personalities, I&#039;d lean more toward intermediate.

Remember, sometimes the best way to learn is to teach it yourself. I&#039;m not saying start giving riding lessons for a fee, but if someone at the barn asks you how to do something, don&#039;t be afraid say "this is how I learned it in my lessons" and show them. Watch what they do as well. You all learn from each other as well as your instructors.
dagoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Experienced beginner branching out into intermediate. I say this because 1. your experience is, unfortunately, not very consistant (but at least you have some, good job!) 2. you seem timid and a bit uncomfortable of things and 43. you don&#039;t quite have enough experience to BE experienced.

You are experienced beginner or intermediate. I don&#039;t know the horses you ride, nor have I watched you do ANYTHING with horses, so I just couldn&#039;t tell you . I&#039;d have to personally see you do your day-to-day routine to know.

But, really, it doesn&#039;t matter what level you are. You can always improve.
burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Probably a beginning intermediate. I would have said a more advanced intermediate, but as others have said, your riding disciplines are a little inconsistent. In some ways, that&#039;s good, but you don&#039;t end up committing to a discipline.

You also stated that you&#039;re timid. You really can&#039;t be timid around horses since they can sense that. Remember, it doesn&#039;t matter what level you&#039;re at! I personally don&#039;t care as long as I&#039;m improving and having fun with riding!

Hope this helps!
donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I think you are either
Upper Beginner
or Lower intermediate.
Its because you dont have as much riding time as you could but i&#039;m leaning more towards lower intermediate, you sound like a natural rider.
jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion