Help!!!! I have $10,000 saved up and am tired of my friend bragging about his car!!!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Help!!!! I have $10,000 saved up and am tired of my friend bragging about his car!!!?

So, My question is for $10,000 dollars what car can I get stock or add performance parts to for under 10,000 to be faster than a 2002 Ws6 trans am. It gets irratating hearing him talk about how fast his car is and I would just like to smoke him out of the water in a race. I was thinking of getting one of these cars and adding performance parts tell me what you think!!!

1. late 80's to early 90's Nissan 300 ZX Turbo
2. early 90's Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo (hard to find)
3. 1990 Eagle Talon TSI awd (hp limit)
4. early 90's Camaro Z28 or IROC
5. early to mid Firebird prob Trans or Formula (cost more)
6. Mabye a earlier Mustang (bad looks, less hp, but less money)

Like any of these? Should I add another car to my list to shop around for? I would like Supra TT odds of winning, but dont have enough money to buy one.

If no changes to list are needed then what upgrades will I need to add to these cars inorder to be faster than a 02 Ws6 Trans am?
finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Help!!!! I have $10,000 saved up and am tired of my friend bragging about his car!!!?

Take the Stealth.

If the clutch of the Stealth is in good condition you won't need much to edge out the WS6. (Stealth = 13.6 - 13.9 depending on driver)

I'm assuming the WS6 is stock and runnng around 13.3 - 13.7 in the quarter depending on driver.

The Stealth will run faster than that with:
$300 boost controller (could use $5 bleeder valve)
$150 cold air intake
FREE gutted pre-cats

This will have you running ahead in the quarter mile. (12.9 - 13.2)

Next step:
$250 fuel controller
$200 injectors
$150 fuel pump
$2000 bigger turbos

and with a bit of time tuning it wont even be a contest anymore. Expect to run low 12's when dialed in.

This will all change when WS6 guy starts modding...

$3500 in mods to a $7000 Stealth getting you low 12's is pretty cool.
law64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Buy a 80s model Mercedes diesel,and run it off of wvo.Add water injection,cold air,and blow his doors off at 132 mph,with the smell of food.
That will shut them all up.
dichali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Dude. Just be a man, and do something useful with that money and invest it. Trust me. My father is a financial advisor, I was like that 10 years ago, and I would do anything to get back money I wasted just to have a faster car than my friends. Now I'm stuck with a wife, 2 kids and on my second mortgage. 10,000 dollars would be a lifesaver for me right now. Its not worth it. The best alternative? Find new friends
botulf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It's cheaper to key his car.
franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

the camaro for sure if its manual transmission....get a six speed tran, and a turbo kit wit the whole cold air intake.... your camaro will be pushing about 500 or 600 BHP
fairlay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion