Which car should I choose? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Which car should I choose?

I have been trying to decide on a car for quite some time, and have come down to two. I am trying to decide between a black 2000 Trans Am WS6, and a red 2005 Mustang GT. Both are stock, and the T/A has 75,000 miles, where as the mustang has 65,000. In your opinion, which one looks better, performs better, and is more reliable as in parts breaking. Both have been very well taken car of. I'm stuck. Please give me your opinions!
brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Go Pontiac. Pontiac was specifically designed to be the sexiest of the GM brands and the Trans-Am is hands down the sexiest car available from them. Plus, Pontiac is all about performance. They haul ***, straight-up. The Mustang isn't no slouch of course, but you will love the power of the Pontiac Trans-Am more.

You will probably see your mechanic a few more times with the Pontiac, but its gonna last much, much longer and is less likely to leave you stranded somewhere. That's nothing that a AAA Plus membership can't take care of. And it sounds like both of these cars were heavily babied like a newborn baby so even better. Be sure to continue that terrific maintenance record no matter what the cost.
talmadge80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Man, I would go with the WS6. I have a black 1999 Trans Am WS6, and I still can't find a sexier car for the money. Also, they are VERY reliable as far as big things go. You may have small things break, suck as a window motor every now any then, but that's no big deal. It also depends on how well you take care of it.

Now, MY WS6 is nowhere NEAR stock. I'm currently running 582hp and 563lbs. tq. If you decide to keep it stock, it WILL last you much longer. Mine has 110,000 miles, and with all I've done to it, it's still running strong. But if you keep it stock, and take very good care of it, it will last you a LONG time.
macdhubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

the trans am ws6 is a much better car then the mustang. they handel like a race car, they have an ls1 engine which has better overall performance then the 4.6 v8 ford. also the t/a's look much nicer then the mustang, in my opinion at least
Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

they both are pretty clean cars, i would probably go with the trans am buh they both are good, i know the mustang kills a whole lot of gas, im not sure about the pontiac

good luck .. dont speed, i got my speeding tickets already haha
duck-young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The mustang is flashier, so insurance may be higher, and they also don't perform well in winter conditions.
rexley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Definately the Mustang it looks good and driving it is awesome.
lucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

the mustang
bernardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i have a bad review on mustangs my boyfriend has one..they wont go in the snow.. at all.. so if you are ever faced with snow.. not a good one to get.
hurste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

red 2005 Mustang GT
jar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

newer car, less miles...go with the mustang gt
merla is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion