Sell or keep 03 6 mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Sell or keep 03 6 mustang?

it is a 2003 couple with a trany issue it whines as the RPms go down i am still in high school and i bought it for 4800 with 73xxx on it could i sell it for more than that and if i can what sould i get i really like a muscle car and i am into the old school cars i was thinking maybe a nova or somethin along those lines maybe an iroc camero? any old muscle car guys any imput would be great
kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
Dru
Registered Member
Regular

I would just keep it and fix it
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Change the filter and transmission fluid when you refill it ad 1qt of
lucas transmission treatment that will most likely help the whine.
Then you can sell it if that is what you want.You will need a lot more
money to go old school no matter what. You can always tell when
someone is shooting off his mouth and don't have a clue you can't
fix stupid. as you will find that fords,doge,and chevy hold there value
depends on the model.All three have made crap! That part is for those
that want to make comments and not help you at all.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

dude sell that thing.. fords dont hold their value for **** so it wll be worth about 5 bucks in a couple months .. if you want a real car go with chevy power. a camaro will get you way more ***** than a mustang anyday..
parnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I personally would check the rear differential and have the fluid changed there because every time I had a whine whether accelerating, cruising, or slowing down for me it has always been the differential. I would also change the transmission fluid just to be on the safe side and to put to rest any doubts about it whining there. As for oil I would go with Royal Purple or Lucas Oil in the differential, some may disagree but once I changed the oil in my differential because of the whine and heard no difference but when I went with Royal Purple the sound went away within a few minutes.

Now after saying all that the problem could still lie within your transmission, I have not driven your car so you may be correct in assuming that the problem is located within your transmission or you may know that as fact. I still believe that you should change the fluids with the ones above and give that a try or if all else fails take it into a shop and have a mechanic who is able to witness the problem give you an answer/estimate and see if it is worth it to you. If you're going to give up on a newer Mustang with one problem then buddy you have another thing coming if you decide to go with an older Chevy vehicle, not to bash Chevy's or anything but if the vehicle was abused (which most sports cars are at one point or another) then you'll run into problem after problem.

But hey, if you do get your problem sorted out you could always put a supercharger on that V6 and hang with the elite, the thought of cruising down a street knowing that every car you pass has nothing on you! What a feeling!
Anyhow, hope this helps.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion