Does this sound fair to you? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Does this sound fair to you?

My parents are giving my younger brother a 2003 ford f-150 when he drives.(clear title,dual exhaust,mostly clear paint,what he wanted in the truck)But i drive this year and i get a 2000 mustang convertible that leaks,has a salvage title,cant trade at dealer if i see something i like,scratched up and missing a lot of the oem parts.Yet i clean the house,detail the cars when i can,help around the house when i can,and love cars.He don't clean his own room,don't clean the cars,hates cleaning the house yet he gets the nicer vehicle.Mom picked out the car last year not knowing that it had been in an accident .Well i found this great pontiac bonneville gxp.Safe,nice,clear title etc......Dad says well you guys wanted the mustang so bad.But yeah we didn't know about its issues i said.Well anyway Do you think its fair?Please give me advice/things to say to him to change his mind.
derik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I would say that you should ask your parents if they would be willing to buy you the new car if you were to perhaps pay half of it back or a certain amount of the full price back so that u are safe while their son is driving around.
akins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

you asked for something, you got it.

Its a fair game. you should've been more specific.

a car isn't a right to you, its a privilage. They arent FORCED to give you one, so accept it, its not like the MEANT to get you a crappier car, they just didn't do their research, and as the potential driver of the car, you should've done research on what they may of missed.

They won't change their mind.
1. They already bought the mustang
2. They can't trade it in
3. the economy's in a recession.

You should be thankful your getting a car, while other people are getting laid off.

welcome to the sheltered mini version of the real world!
dooley28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome to the world of the favored son, and you are not him. It will be this way for the rest of your life. Get use to it. The wheels are already in motion and you cant stop it.
Your parents dont realize they are doing it so dont blame them. You know your role now. Starting wars will not change anything but their attutude towards your.
aswynn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Lesson in life, its not always fair. Your parents did try, it just
happened that you got the short end of the stick. I had to walk
to work and save for my own car, my sister has been given
many cars. But I take pride that I did it myself.
wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You probably will not like my answer but here goes. Your parents are trying to make good out of a situation that's not what you would call fair. They sound like they're doing their best to provide whatever they can because money doesn't grow on trees and they can't undo the deal on the Mustang so they took a loss on that. With taxes and fees on the bonneville, they will have to take a loss on that just to get the car and there is no telling what that may have wrong with it. The Mustang seemed fine at the time, what's going to stop something from going wrong with the Pontiac, and for that matter the F150 (although unlikely). Give your parents a hug, give thanks for trying to do what most parents can't or wouldn't want to do. Or work your tail off to buy what you want so you can call the shots.
iddig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You've got it made brother.... My first car was $ 30.00 and came
home on a wrecker which cost me $ 45.00. The car was hit by
a Mack Truck in the rear. But I worked real hard and got that 68
Chevelle Malibu up and running and sold it for profit over a campfire.

Be thankful you were even given a car. I'm sure you will get help
making it your " Dream Machine". When you need to have something
hauled. Your bro can help you. So look at this as a good thing.

When you get that car on the road, chances are, someone's going
to want to buy it from you anyway...

Yea, this is very fair....... Just don't hurt yourself in a Mustang as
a first car.........

Good Luck on the road...
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
tod
Registered Member
Regular

Selfish *******

Be thankful that you got a car. Your parents didnt have to give you or your brother one.

Im 18 and in college and i get great grades, work and give money to my parents, and fix stuff around the house. Guess what i get? Nothing because we cant afford it. Be thankful you get a car besides your parents had the best intentions. They thought they were doing the right thing and even if you dont think that they did, they had the BEST intentions for you. Go ahead and try to change their mind if it really "hurts:" your feelings that much. But besides that you should grow up honestly. A car is a car. I would be thankful to have one that just got me from point A- point B. I ride the bus.
Best of luck.
tod is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion