How to determine the best aftermarket parts and that will work just right for your car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How to determine the best aftermarket parts and that will work just right for your car?

I'm planning later on in the future to restomod either a 67/68 Camaro or 65/67/68 Mustang,the problem is with all the very nice aftermarket parts to choose from engines,tranny,etc...how would you know what best suites your car & your driving...you sure woudn't want your money go to waste especially if your keeping a tight budget & worth your money.
imported_karsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

How to determine the best aftermarket parts and that will work just right for your car?

i just finished building a 68 firebird which will be on the road next week. it took me 5 years and alot of blood, sweat and cash. anyway its done and i am totally happy with it. my advice to you is this, before you start anything, sit down and have a game plan on what you want. you want a restomod, street rod, hot rod, pro street, etc. choose and stick to it. research and go to car shows check out some local hot spots where all the big boys hang out and ask questions. eventually you will have your ideas narrowed down to exactly what you want and just go for it. i went with the pro street theme and just kept it street legal (barely). anyway, just take your time and don't flip flop when you start because you'll either give up or you'll end up with something you don't like. good luck and have fun.
ranier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

First you need to decide its it going to be a street machine or show car that doesn't see the light of day. Then as you add muscle you must add brakes to match your power. I have a Porsche 944 I did the suspension and brakes first then the engine now I am finishing the body work the last thing I am doing is the paint. Some do the paint first I feel doing it last lets you chane your mind if you want.
avsalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

get a subscription to car craft and hotrod...get cupon from issue in store...about 12 dollars a year each....1 dollar a copy... also go to web sites ..cc and hot rod...in my supermarket there are mustang only and camaro only mags full of info...also get catolog from Jegs and Summit racing...all the parts u will need at lowest price ,,no kiddin
imported_Diandre is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion