2002 Mustang GT Exhaust Question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2002 Mustang GT Exhaust Question?

I just bought my first car which is a 02 mineral gray mustang gt. we had it inspected and it is all stock except for flow masters 40 series.

its always fun when i wash my car and little honda rice burners get their showing off their whinny sound. i start my car rev it a few times and they leave. its beautiful haha.

although its sort of loud i would like to make it louder.

im new to the modding world so i dont know much.

for example about h pipes or x pipes and cats.

what is better?

i want a loud rumble the loudest thats legal.

ive heard about flow masters super 44 would those make a big difference?

what else can i add? ive also heard about headers, what do those do?

i hope i get some useful advice i want people to know im passing by if you know what i mean.

2002 Mustang GT
dual flow masters 40 series
ruhleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. Congrats on the Mustang. You take care of it, and it will take care of you. They are great cars. Ive been there and done that so here is my recommendation...

DITCH the flow masters. Those aren't worth the paper their stickers are printed on. Its just a name like people using Trojan condoms. Just a name. If you want loud. replace that whole system with an SLP loudmouth cat back exhaust system. It is a straight through pipe with baffles now angled inner pipes, no packing, nothing. Its like cutting off your muffler and just replacing it with a larger pipe. Its insane how loud they are, but yet how quiet and soft it is on the inside at cruising speeds. You wont disappointed.

No as for mid pipes, it depends on you...

An X-pipe will give you a more raspier race car sound and improve high end horsepower. an H-pipe will give you more of a throatier muscle car sound and will greatly increase your low end torque and bottom end performance. So its just a matter of preference. If you want it to be the loudest, then you will want to use the SLP Loudmouth kit with and X-pipe. It wil sound like a beats and can be heard from a good distance away.
pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would do the off road x pipe.. awesome sound
wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Deff. go with an o/r h-pipe. Flowmasters are designed specifically to work with the pulses of the engine(which you get with h). X-pipe is specifically designed to merge exhaust flow together(no more pulse's, or at least less pulsing) to increase velocity. That's why the x makes more power, it merges each banks exhaust together in one place, which increases heat which in turn increases velocity. the x is a forced merge, not like the h-pipe where the cross over is basically non functioning at high rpm's (exhaust flow is to fast for cross over). this forced merge is also why they say an x sounds more raspy or metalic sounding with flows. x-pipes are a good option for a straight through type muffler such as magnaflow, and borla. x-pipes do make more horsepower but at the cost of that classic flowmaster sound, to me the few(1-8hp) isn't worth losing the flowmaster sound!

here are some of the cat backs we offer.
http://www.brothersperformance.com/p...t+back&x=0&y=0

check out www.brothersperformance.com
huntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

h-pipes make in louder n x-pipes give you more power with a kinda higher pitch. go with the h-pipe. get some longtube(more power and noise but not nececarily legal cus you have to get rid of your cats) headers or shorty headers and for loud look at flowmaster 40 series race muffler without delta flow. delta flow makes it quieter. if you want the loudest exhaust next to running straight pipes (no mufflers) look at SLP loudmouth exhaust or any straight through glasspacked muffle. summitracing.com is the best place to shop. best prices and you get what you ordered in like 2-3 days!
quigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2002 mustang, exhaust