What is the best all around car for under 4000 dollars? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is the best all around car for under 4000 dollars?

Ok so I want to buy a car, a fast one but don't have much money to play with. I can afford about $4k. I'd also like the car to be a bit classy, have rear seats, 4 doors even but yet still be fast and also have plenty potential for mods. I definitely want to modify it but not so much the looks, they're not too important to me. I want the engine to be able to be modified with much more aftermarket parts than just a chip and exhaust. I have many friends with cars and the fastest of the group always seems to be the mustangs. I don't dislike them. My dad has had several crazy fox bodys that ran 10s on motor but I'm not so crazy about the just going in a "straight line" so American cars are kind of ruled out but I want to be the fastest. Be able to beat the American cars even in a straight line. Then there are the Japanese cars, yeah they turn well but in my price range are hidious. So bottom line is I'd like to know what the fastest European (most likely German) car is that I can buy for under $4k and be good looking along with being able to be modified quite nicely or would it just be smarter to go with the mustang? We all know they're heavily supported by the aftermarket. Thanks all for the help and yes I know I'm picky
tedmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

acura vigor or acura legend
mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

He he he

Well if you're looking for a car that is brand new for 4k there's only one car one can get

The Tata Nano...

www.tatanano.com

While it's nowhere near fast and far from classy, it is the perfect drawing board for tuning, modding, and well graphics.

All for about $2500 BRAND NEW!!! (least expensive car in the world)
Kilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Check the classifieds. Also, if you live near an army base, many service personnel sell cars when they deploy.

Good luck
milward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

there isn't a german car that would outrun a v8 american car, that you could buy for 4k.....
hristun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Just go to craigslist or another website like it and search for a while, there are many ads of cars for sale in your area that give a full and detailed description. You could open up Notepad or something like it, copy the url's of the cars you will consider, and make a list of all of them. Later, refine the list until you have the perfect car, and schedule an appointment to go check it out =). It may take some time but you will be sure to find a good car.
marcelinho is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion