How will my Camaro Perform? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How will my Camaro Perform?

I have an 85 Camaro with frame supports its a pretty light car its got the F-Body frame. I have a crate 350 its only interior parts with an Edelbrock Dual plane performer intake manifold and the harmonic balancer it has 330 horsepower and 400 foot pounds of torque. I'm putting an aluminum hood scoop on top of the carb so I figure that should add about 20 horse. The engine has a high performance cam and I'm putting headers and probably an Edelbrock 750 4bbl carb. So the engine should have atleast around 350-360 horse and atleast around 415-420 foot pounds of torque when I'm done. I'm putting a Hurst Slap Shift in it since its an automatic, its the pistol grip quarter stick. The transmission that I'm putting on it is a GM TH 350, 375, or 400. I'm putting a 12 bolt posi-trac rear end in it with 3.73 gear ratios. This is exactly how I'm buildin my car how do you think it will perform in any or all aspects. How do you think it will compare to the 5.0 mustangs and the new mustangs. Will it get off the line and thats it? Or should it be able to have alot of bottom end and top end? Thanks, Joel D.
iddig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If it is a T-top you are going to twist the body at the thin point of the roof. It sounds like a way cool toy though.
nayati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

1. Putting a hood scoop on the intake, will not increase horsepower. If you want to increase power, remove any sort of filter, scoop etc. All of those, are restrictions, not power adders.
2. All those horsepower numbers are nice, but that's only for the engine. Your actual wheel horsepower is more like 280 or so. If you're lucky.
3. Your car is around 3,300lbs. That is not light. That's a boat.
4. None of us are going to be able to guess what your performance is based on one major factor: We don't know how you drive. You could have a 1,000 hp, 7 second car, and suck at driving, and barely make the 1/4mile in under 15 seconds. So, regardless of the performance of your car, or your guesswork on the numbers....if you want to know how it performs, go take it to a track and race it. Get solid time slips.

And there's the only answer that will be legit.
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion