Painting the interior on my 2002 Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Painting the interior on my 2002 Mustang?

I want to either paint my interior black or the stock color of charcoal gray. I found that to cost less than buying the trim and swapping it. I have looked in the car yesterday and a lot of the parts are black(dome light, top of dash, carpet, and bezels.) but the seats are charcoal. Will a semi flat black paint look alright with dark gray seats? I dont wanna go glossy because then it wont look stock. I want to really set off my interior that i have painted silver already to match the exterior, but i dont know if i should go semi flat balck made by krylon or charcoal made by duplicolor. I am open to suggestions. Thank you
duck-young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Painting the interior on my 2002 Mustang?

honestly you should go to a auto paint store the ones here are indrustral finishes and ask for a brand called SEM its made for interior of cars also remember to use "lacqur thinner" or a wax and greese remover before you start painting also spend the extra cost for a can of "it's in a rattle or spraycan also by the quart or gallon" of stuff called bull dog its makes paint stick to plastic with out flaking or pealing which is what would happen if you dont use this promoter. but a semi flat black is what the factory would have sprayed and always looks great but also grey or silver is also a good color.
Ekon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2002 mustang