Whats wrong with my 05 mustang gt ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Whats wrong with my 05 mustang gt ?

I have an 05 Mustang Gt its been running fine then all of a sudden the other afternoon i go to leave and it doesn't crank.The weird thing is everything else works radio,lights,my big speaker,all the dingers that go off when you put the key in every things fine on that end.When you turn the key over it does nothing not even a sound like when your starter has gone bad no click nothing just all the gauges and lights come on like normal .So i plugged the battery charger up to it just in case it was the battery it cranked but my battery has been checked and is good the gauge in the car even shows its fine. It will be fine for a couple days then you go to leave and nothing happens.The weird thing is if you keep turning the key over thinking maybe it will crank the doors start locking and unlocking on there on like its something to do with the factory security system or something.Now my husband knows a lot about cars and this one even has him confused. He has checked all wires he thought it might be the starter solenoid its not. He has changed the battery out, checked the alternator not that either.
So does anybody have any idea what it could be?
flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

my first guess would have been altenator, but since it is not that, My next best guess without seeing the car is to check all of your fuses, had a corvette that wouldn't crank, and it turned out it was just a fuse gone bad, check that first, super easy, next guess, maybe some wiring or something in the actual steering wheal column.
adom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Clean out the EGR, and fuel system with the fuel injector cleaner you can buy at the gas station, or at wal-mart... Did you try to jump start the car? That may also be the problem... Maybe it ran out of gas recently?
flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Have the battery load tested, most bigger garages will do it for you. The battery may have 12 volts, which is what the gauge sees, but not retain enough amps to turn the starter..
jeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be dammed if it's the starter already going out.
columbanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

its a ford
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion