Mustang vs. Camaro for high school? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang vs. Camaro for high school?

I would like to have either a 2000-2003 mustang convertible for my first high school car or a 2000-2002 camaro convertible. I would like to know which engine to get for the mustang, because I would like to know which works the best,

I am a very responsible person, who has a 3.95 *** gpa and I know that this car has killed many of foolish drivers. I just want one of these cars because I love cars and know a lot about them.
Also, I was wondering which trans to take.

My budget is about $7500.

I am also wondering what aftermarket parts work well on mustangs like this.

My other option, however is that my mom will be getting rid of her 06 impala LT pretty soon and says that I can get it dirt cheap from her.
Then, should i take the money I saved and buy a crotchrocket?(ducati, aprilia, kawasaki.)

I also live in minnesota, if weather makes a huge difference.
kent12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I would go with the Mustang. The only thing is, you're not going to be able to find a 2000-2003 model within your budget, unless you buy one with a lot of problems. I would definatley go with the stang though! If I were you, I would try to get one of the older models. Not really old though. Look at like the late 80's to 90's models. The only one you need to avoid is the 95 model, it is problem prone. Also, at first you should use your money to make sure you get a good car. Worry about the aftermarket mods, once you get used to the car and everything. And if the Impala is in half decent shape, you might be able to buy it off your mom for cheap and then sell it for more, maybe make a few bucks. Use that money to mod your car instead of buying a street bike. You should probably keep the car stock until you sell the Impala (if you do*). You can probably find some cars for a reasonable price on either ebay or craigslist. But if you buy one off the internet, buy it from somewhere close to you so you can go see the car before you purchase it!
kele74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

well you wont be able to find a nice 2000-2003 mustang or camaro for your budget, let alone get aftermarket parts.
but get teh mustang
bartlett14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Weather DOES make a huge difference...rear wheel drive in the winter will NOT be fun...
imported_archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

a mustang
gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

go with the mustang bro it would get u some girls
Jorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2006 Malibu so i vote that you take the Impala. Then you can spend the next few years dreaming about your perfect fun car. I owned a Mustang and it was fun. Not much space inside, needed more work than i hoped, not too comfortable. Camaro's are built for speed but have reliability problems which makes them less than wonderful to own. I later got a Mazda Miata. At 35 mph you feel like you are at the raceway. You are only inches off the ground and you are flying. I only kept it for 1 year- cramped, no storage, did i say "cramped"???
THere is no dream car. Your desires will shift every year. Then you will fall in love and your lover will want something completely different.
How did you get $7,500? That is great that you saved that much. Or did grandpa give it to you? If so, you were supposed to save it for college.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion