Fox body mustang and porsche 944? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Fox body mustang and porsche 944?

I have been looking at cars and have a few questions for people that have experience with these cars.

First, Mustang. I have been looking at 87-93 gt's and want to know how they hold up. I would prefer a manual and want to know how long the tranny holds up. i also want to know how long the engine holds up. i can deal with replacing parts but i dont want to completely take apart a tranny right after i get a car. And, are the 87-93's somewhat easy to work on? I want a rwd car because i think there would be a bit more space under the hood to work.

Porsche: I have some similar questions for it. i have seen some with about 150k miles on them, will the engine die completely before 200k? How long do these tranny's hold up(manual)?

i want something to last about 5-6 years with some work but i dont want to have to buy a new engine while in college. I know on a cheap car i will have to work on them quite a bit and i can handle that as long as it is somewhat fun to drive which is why i picked the 944.
Are there any other suggestions? I dont want an asian car and i would prefer manual and it has to be rwd and it has to be pretty cheap.
kolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know mush about the cost of running american cars but a 944 with 150k on the clock is near the end of it's life and will give you big bills in the five years, they are also pigs to work on and parts are expensive in europe so they must be ridiculous over there!
beshiltheeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

try to find a 944 with low mileage on it because in the long run it will be better than the old mustang.

the mustang has a bad rear end and it will break

germans know what they're doing.

we dont.
imported_driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
fox body