Taking it out on Pontiac and GM -- Debate Starter? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Taking it out on Pontiac and GM -- Debate Starter?

Get real Pontiac! If you want to be competitive, be bold and produce cars with 4-wheel double-wishbone suspension and a lot more horses. I love the G8 but it's not your design. The Solstice is my one and only favorite American car but at least let it run up against the Ford Mustang and instead of the Miata. The Mustang's retro-classic design is ugly and along with it comes its classic MacPherson Struts! Disgusting! Why is GM so stuck in the 1920s? When a car evolves, it is an integral part that the suspension evolves with it too. It's not all about you though, it is about GM and Ford as a whole with their lack-luster designs they have to offer the consumerist population, I would much rather buy a 2009 Lexus IS-F instead of a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP -- again the G8 is not a Pontiac design. To also add, Saturn is just another GM rebadged knock-off of a European car brand by the name of Opel which was supposed to be an answer to the stiff Japanese competition...
akira4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Is Pontiac supposed to make every car with over 400 hp when gas is $4 a gallon? The Solstice is a roadster why would it compete against the mustang? Thats what the new Camaros job, and it will blow away the mustang. The G8 is for the family man who wants a high horsepower car. If 361hp is not enough wait for the gxp. As far as the Lexus, well its just plain ugly. Oh and whats your question? Well I think the reason Pontiac is not allowed to compete with the corvette is because Chevy is the bread and butter of GM. Thats just my opinion, but I am sure GM sells more Chevys than Pontiacs and Gm always wants the Vette to be the top car. As far as being stuck in the 1920's. I would not say thats true. GM has a lot of hi technology items like onstar, active fuel displacement. They are getting 260hp out of there 4cylinders, and thats hardly 1920's.
eimhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

One thing Ford has is mustangs on the market and they are selling real well.

I agree put your g8 up against the mustang and it will get beat.
hobbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

McPherson Struts are used by almost every major car maker in the world, including Porsche and BMW; so what is your point?
panteno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion