My Car, the stuff i want to get done to it help please? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

My Car, the stuff i want to get done to it help please?

Ok i have a 1997 ford mustang its a v6 automatic. I want to get cherry bomb exhaust and a turbo put onto it. whats the best way to do it? like order the parts off internet and take to a shop, or take it there and let them do it? i just need some info and i good website to look at for this stuff. Thanks
rexley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

1st of all... i wouldn't ever turbocharge a v6 automatic mustang!!!

2nd... what the hell is a cherry bomb exhaust and if you truly want to turbo charge that engine your looking @ a $6000 job at the minimum... Then your probably just blow a piston rite through your block and not be driving your mustang anymore.

3rd... That particular mustang wasn't meant to have work done to it... just drive the car and save your money... do alot of homework on cars and then spend your money wisely, but not on that!!!

4th... im not trying to be mean, but if you put money into that car and flash forward 1yr. to about the time when you will figure out that you wasted money and time on something not worth it and will have plenty of ideas to work on a real mustang then you thank me... some cars just were not made for performance extras.... if you wanted a 97 you should have went with a GT at least, but even still i wouldnt buy anything less then a 97 Cobra.
achazya63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

your safest option is to take it to a shop they will install it properly and most places will offer some sort of warranty, if you don't have the money theres heaps of turbo kits you can buy which simply just bolt on and theres heaps of mufflers and exhaust tips available on eBay but the general consensus is that they don't last very long.
good luck
telfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yell, take the cherry bomb to the muffler shop, but if you put a turbo in you will have to get stronger connection rods, & pistons,
all new internals, and you will have to improve the cooling system, and put in a turbo timer, & reprogram the cpu, and if i was you i would put in a 5sp, wit a racing clutch, but wit the auto, you will have to change out the converter wit a higher stall, because with a turbo you are adding like 200hp, and if you were to pull it out, and put it in drive and floor it, the tranny will rip its self apart,
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion