There is a 1965 Mustang Coupe for sale and I was wondering how fast do you think it would go? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

There is a 1965 Mustang Coupe for sale and I was wondering how fast do you think it would go?

It has a V6 302 in it what am I looking at for performance and speed?
gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

There is a 1965 Mustang Coupe for sale and I was wondering how fast do you think it would go?

It must be a new engine. There were no 302's in 65. they had 289's. And the 302 is a v8.
Faster then you need to go
eifion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i had a 64 1/2 MUSTANG with the 289 i had it to 120 with just an exost and 4b carb has more torq than a 302 and wuld beat one in a short race quarter mile however top end a 302 wuld win (mile race) 302 boss is the better 302 h/o r baddd ones to and if u can modify a chip or turbo u can almost double the power and i doubt the front end wuld stay on the ground with some ome the mods but yea its a fast car n the more add ons the faster it will become
Maichail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Answer #1 is right . That must be anew engine because in 65 the straight 6 cyl. wes 240 cubic inck, and the V-8 was a 289. Now as far as your question about performance and speed it depends on what we do to it. Being pulled behind a 72 vega i'd say 20 mph 25 if your lucky. I have a 4 bolt main boss 351 cleveland with ported and polished heads, double roller timing chain, good rods, 10.5-1 flat tops or 13-1 dome pistons, roller cam ,roller rockers, 21/4" headman headers, Holley 750 double pumper carb, vertex mag, and strip dominator aluminum intake, Titanium valves with fat locks. Lets put that in and see, I also have an old 460 we could build or use my cousins 468 small block rodeck. It is built right and has the best new desigh 8-71 huffer on top runnung about 28 percent overdrive. We have a lot of options to make it go fast so, just tell me how much money do you want to spend? Of coarse wewill probably need to use my narrowed aluminum tube dana 60 rear end with posi and 5.88's Know a fella that used to make carbon fiber parts for airplanes and am sure he could mold a pair of wings on for ya cause when I get done building it for ya it will flat as_ FLY
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1965 mustang