Considering US auto makers are in touble, will you now buy American? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Considering US auto makers are in touble, will you now buy American?

We just purchased our first new American made car in many years this week. We've been married 25 years and bought one new American made car in our 2nd year of marriage. Since then, it's been Euro or Japanese vehicles.
We bought a Ford Mustang. We have been car enthusiasts all our lives and usually go for performance and/or specialty vehicles with turbochargers and the like, like our last Subaru 2.5XT, etc.
We are, so far, pleased with the vehicle and pleased that we supported our country and made a different choice this time around.
When you buy your next car, will you try a US made car? In the last decades we have seen nothing appealing about what has been produced in detroit.
We bought Ford as we are not pleased with what Obama has made happen to Chrysler and GM and we want his hands out of whatever company we do business with. Sorry if you are a fan, but we think he's a monster and has no business doing what he is doing.
At any rate, I was curious if others will also be trying an American made vehicle to show support?
Go Ford! Our 09 Bullitt Mustang is outstanding. If only they all had been making something like this all along maybe we would have looked in the past.
derrold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If i bought an american vehicle it would be a ford since they haven't wasted our money in bail outs
twrgadarn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I refuse to support any company who caused my taxes to go higher.
Ekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

no, i live in Australia i will buy an Australian car.
taurino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

DUNNO
imported_driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

always.
twain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

us american need to support each other
berkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy a GM,Ford, or Chrysler vehicle.I don't understand why people want GM and Chrysler to go under.Don't they know how many jobs would be lost?
I have had many GM and Chrysler vehicles and never had any problems with them so I will always buy GM,Ford,or Chrysler.
I guess people don't remember 9/11?GM,Ford, and Chrysler gave $10 million each plus hundreds of vehicles in donations.What did Toyota and Honda give,nothing that's what.

Peter...give me a break.Gm builds more vehicles that get over 30 mpg then Toyota does.Your worried about vehicle emissions?What about the factories in Japan and China that have no emissions controls?

Alfred...not 200,000 jobs.If GM and Chrysler went under it would be around 1 million jobs.
aodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

buy American should have been the only answer and raise the tarifs or cost of products being ship here cheaper than we can ship then to same places change the laws on companies moving out of country to only ship their product back here for a better price buy American should have been doing it 50 years ago.. buy American puts food on our tables buy American puts money in our pockets

buy American
buy American
buy American

been hearing this as long as ive been living you buy something made here you help someone feel their family help keep someone working help pay our taxes help our country not buy here you help another country and back when i was just starting to drive was many cars to pick from and most every one was made here... didnt hear about homeless didnt hear about it at all
wicleah26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

well congratulations on the muscle car, i'll just bet she's a fun one to drive. I was a staunch american made owner up to about 03. my choice to change over to foreign was strictly out of anger and frustration. will i buy american again...i clearly doubt it...but then again things always change. your comment about the gm fiasco brings up some interesting pieces i've read recently on the dilemma obama and crew are going to face with this. the polls i've been watching are not good for the attempt by the admin to control a portion of the auto industry and i suspect this will have a negative impact on the sales end of these brands. there are a lot factors involved so it will be interesting to watch and see where this leads us/them. a personal thought on the US auto makers though would be for them to move to a different technology and be the first to achieve this. we can do this in this country and the way would be to quit the politics game and just press on with the research and development. As with anything we do as a country, we could force the rest of industrialized countries into the same thinking. only then would i be tickled enough to consider a US brand again. 'try to keep that beast between the white lines, ok'.
imported_raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Excuse me, and I'm not of your opinion, I am not American, I love Americans and I do not like the ruling administration, especially a huge range of the Senate who are interested in their own interests more often than in any other interests and I think it must be seen to this point the Americans to change their course to reduce the beat interests personal and collective, and attributed some of the subject I think that Not for the intervention of Obama would not have been a company called Ford in the near future was either lost or out of the market permanently, or shared or sold to any non-national companies and which, in turn, it will change shape and become a non-nationalist and I believe that every U.S. Obama supported and supports it
emrys27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

In the past 2-3 years, all of the American makes have improved in build quality, design, and reliability factors. So, if you would ask me this question and take out the "bankrupt" factor, I would say "yes".

However, despite these improvements, there is still the fact that it is too little, too late. GM and Chrysler should have made these strides years ago, but instead relied on status quo and margin-rich SUV/truck sales.

So, until I see an honest effort in design and build quality, a total turnaround in philosophy by the UAW (who has been rewarded for years of shoddy quality and should shoulder the burden of this issue, IMHO), and increased sales and honest cost reductions... I won't be buying anything from GM or Chrysler.

**Side note - Ford is an exception, to me, in this argument. They're on solid ground now, due to good decisions made 3-4 years ago.
fairlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy a GM,Ford, or Chrysler vehicle.I don't understand why people want GM and Chrysler to go under.Don't they know how many jobs would be lost?
---------

Um, yeah...about 200,000 workers would be affected IF (a big if) GM and Chrysler magically shut down tomorrow.

So what?

Even the guys who made whips for horse-drawn carriages found jobs eventually...because the automobile first came along!

I don't believe buying used vehicles would help, since I do not buy new vehicles, but if running around in my 2003 F150 helps, so be it.
roch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

no i'd never buy an american car they are all way under the rest of the worlds emission and fuel efficiency standards and all have nothing on their euro and Japanese counterparts
cedro is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion