What is a good car to restore? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is a good car to restore?

I'm currently driving a 2001 Ford Mustang 5 speed, but I was thinking about restoring a car. I still have a few questions before I begin. What is a good car to restore? I need a car that would be easy to restore, that I might be able to get for cheap (Or maybe just cheaper than others). I would want a car that would have some power and maybe a v8 standard. If there are any cheap cars that have v8's that I might not have to restore, that would also be okay. Finally, where could I find information on how to restore a car? I have general knowledge about cars but I wouldn't know how to fix or replace parts. Thanks
dario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I own a DSM (Diamond Star Motor). The DSM was a combined force between Mitsubishi and Chrysler in the late 90s. The mitsubishi eclipse and eagle talon are the same car and they are good project cars, some models come with a stock turbo with the 4g63 engine (same used in lancer evolution). There are many huge communities for DSM such as www.dsmtuners.com were you can find information on restoring. These cars can be found for cheap (under $1000 with no body damage) but if you want turbo could go up to (5k-7k in pretty good shape). Look around I'm sure there are online communities with forums for different type of cars. If you strictly want a v8 go for an old mustang since you already own a similar car.
iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Any Muscle car or sports car made from 1760's to 1970's.

Yahoo search info on restoring a car.
Watch the TV Show " Overhaulin' " on TLC or Youtube.
fahyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i have fun by finding old cars people drive and say ill restore for free if you buy the parts

it's fun so far ive don 16
derik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

a muscle car 1966-1980
ayawamat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion