67 mustang, no power steering or air conditioning, 6800 dollars, what should i do? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

67 mustang, no power steering or air conditioning, 6800 dollars, what should i do?

ok. i've been looking at this 67 mustang thats for sale. its 6800 dollars. the outside of the car is almost imaculate. the inside is i think pretty much ideal. the biggest problem is that the car doesn't have power steering or air conditioning. even the power steering isnt a huge deal, its mostly the air conditioning part thats buggin me, cause its summer and it can get pretty hot were i live. it also needs a new muffler and new seat belts.

my biggest questions are:

can i do something about not having power steering?
if so what and how much is this gonna cost me?

how much is air conditioning going to cost me?

is this a good buy?

i keep thinking that im just rushing into this and im only 18 and i can work and buy a car later, but at the same time i keep thinkin that i only live once!

any advice?
dalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

67 mustang, no power steering or air conditioning, 6800 dollars, what should i do?

It all depends on your priorities.
The 67 mustang is a classic and will hold it's value if not go up.
If the car is original and you put in aftermarket air, the value goes down.
This is an older car and there will always be something going wrong with it and unless you can tinker (or have a dad, bf or brother who can tinker and fix the little things for you), it will two bit you to death.

I suggest you find something else in good condition that already has air, like a honda civic . . .something good on gas. Once you're older and have more money, buy that classic car.
coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

6800??! Are they kidding? not if that thing doesn't have power steering or A/C. no way. I mean power steering isn't a must for some folks but quite a pain in the butt. I had a car with no power steering and it sucked. I say save your money and get something that will last a long time like a honda or toyota.
breandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

it is too much for a mustang but you can search for a company called classic air for the AC the power steering will cost alot.
you would be better off finding a different car that is alot of money.
iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

get it, it's freaking awesome
woolcott is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion