Year 2000 Maxima SE 5 speed (Fast)? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Year 2000 Maxima SE 5 speed (Fast)?

2K Maxima SE question.?
Hello and thank you for taking your time out for my posting. My question Is, some cars or trucks can swap parts from one another for better performance EGHP). I own a 2000 Maxima SE 5 speed.. Does anyone know of any web-sites I can log onto for this type of modification Information, or can anyone share any personal knowledge of swapping parts for HP numbers. For exampile, I had a mustang V8 and was able to swap an Intake from an Explorer for HP, I swapped out the GT40 upper and lower Intake. Thank you In advance.
primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Well first of all you could swap out the engine (stock is VQ30DEK) for a VQ35DE or maybe an even newer V6. Next there is 300ZX brakes, which you may or may not need bigger wheels for. Beyond that I'm pretty sure you are better off looking for aftermarket parts.
Jayar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

You already have the maxima that everyone wants parts off of lol. The 2000 maxima was the last year the VQ30DE engine was used.. the following years use a 3.5L engine.

The good thing about your year model is that it has a variable intake.. and that's what all the guys with 95-99 maximas are looking for. As far as parts swaps go between models.. there really isn't anything you can do. You already have the variable intake and thats the most desired swap part out there.
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yeah
mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

maxima huh datz mah kinda car ahaha wellz i have an 03 maxima SE 6spd and mys have da new 3.5 engine and itz very quick. urz have da upgraded vq30de which itz da vq30dek which give you boutz 222hp at da motor only swap ikno of fo nowz itz da 3.5 motor swap, da 300zx brake swap. and ikno of sum puttin a bigger piston from like a frontirer or xterra but boreing da vq engine first and making it a 3.3 liter. but therrez alot you can do to dat vq30dek. a cattman headers cattman y pipe, cattman down pipe run it str8 thru wit a cattman exhaust or wit a greddy ev2 exhaust like mys and ull be popin owt fire soundz very nice tho. and throw in a turbo and a chip frum wolfracing and since you have an SE too you do not have a speed limiter only gxe does but to get da full max speed ill get a chip frum wolf racing and ull redline to 8200 and put a nice turbo wit a walbro fuel pump and a couple other stuff diz itz wut i have and a good tune and setup ull run high 11's i ran 11.6 leme kno if you need ne thing else
bizahalani is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion