Rebuilding a mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Rebuilding a mustang?

I've decided to buy a mustang becuase if its great history style look and performance abilities. The only problem is i dont have the money to buy a new mustang i can afford the ones from 2000 to 03 the only problem is that the place where you buy them from is like the red light districts of cars thier not exactly the best. the majority have 100,000 miles or more but thats all i can afford. Im in an automotive class and plan to rebuild the engine. my question is sense im basically trying to restore the whole car what are the most important things that i need to take care of first what parts of the engine should i check and in what order should i try to fix it. thanks in advance. i plan on getting a regular v6 mustang
osweald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Rebuilding a mustang?

Well the first thing in a restoration is usually the motor followed by the transmission and rear end. The body shouldn't be an issue unless the car originated from the east or midwest parts of the country where road salt is used in the winter time. If your restoring a Mustang try and find the straightest and most original car you find. If you buy one that's been molested and abused you will end up paying more in the long run to fix it.
bernardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Rebuilding a mustang?

Head over to http://www.AllFordMustangs.com and check out the V6 forums. There's a bunch of threads that list out everything you need to know before buying a used Mustang. If you have any specific questions you can pull up my forum profile (username - Dakine858) and send me a message.
terrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Rebuilding a mustang?

check with your local salvage yards. see if they have one with a blown engine since you plan yo build a new one anyway.
duran is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion