Spark problem on 1994 mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Spark problem on 1994 mustang?

ok guys so here it goes lol,,i have the 1994 mustang gt with the 5.0 engine. i have been working on this spark problem for some time now.when i go to start it ( cold or hot ) i have to hold a wire on my battery posative to my coil posative and it starts right up,but while driving it the spark quits then comes back( like a really bad miss ) until it just completly loses spark and dies but i put that wire back on from battery to coil and it fires right back up again.i went through and replaced EVERYTHING lol. brand new ignition switch,brand new ignition module, brand new coil,brand new distributor and hall effect,brand new starter and battery and battery cables. i completly broke my car down and went through all the wiring and fixed bad ones and cleaned and replaced all of my grounds and after all of this it still does the same thing. i even went back through and swapped all those new parts twice as defective just incase. the only thing i havent done anything to is the computer. could my computer cause this problem?
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Spark problem on 1994 mustang?

ok ! i told someone else on here about running a wire from the coil because i thought they had a break in the factory wire. when the car is running there should be constant juice to the coil so run a wire off the + terminal to the fuse block to where it,s hot only when the key is on and running. when the key is off or on accessories it,s cold. find a fuse to where it,s hot only with the key is on and running.
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1994 mustang