If I am correct was the SS 69 Camro built to compete with the Shelby Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

If I am correct was the SS 69 Camro built to compete with the Shelby Mustang?

Heck, I love muscle cars. My favorite the Camaro. I know the Mustang, can probably murder the Camaro, but was it built to compete with the Mustang. Some of you might think, "This loser likes a Camaro over a Mustang"??? My family are big time Chevy owners. I have no choice, but to like a Chevy product.. Anyways, so was the Camaro was built to compete with the Mustange. If so, can a Camaro go faster than its counter part the Mustang??
chesmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

No.

The Camaro SS competes with the Mustang GT.
Not the Shelby.

The Camaro was always more powerful and faster than the Ford Mustang.
But the Mustang was always a better seller because it was made first and it is cheaper.

Some people do compare the Mustang Shelby to the Camaro SS since the performance is close. But the Camaro SS was made before the Mustang Shelby to compete with the Mustang GT.
bressal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The 69 Camaro was diffinetly a muscle car and was built to compete with all muscle cars in the 69 era, however, I am not sure if the Shelby Mustang was one of them, it may have been. I am a big muscle car person too!

Started off in a 69 Mustang, went to a 79 Z-28 then to a 2006 firebird / upgraded Formula.

There was a muscle car show on ESPN a while back that was great. Showed and went over all the old muscle cars and what they were built for, engine sizes, etc. Perhaps you can google ESPN and get some information. This is a show that a muscle car lover will truely enjoy.
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 04:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the camaro was pretty much built to go against the mustang and to be honest they usually beat the mustang in power but they didn't sell too well that's why they died off in 01 I think. I think the challenger was also built to go against the mustang n the camaro
schmaiah is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion