Car part hanging? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Car part hanging?

Hi I have a 2001 ford mustang and recently i went over a speed bump and heard an unusual scraping against the bottom of my car. When i parked, I looked underneath and there was sort of a small pipe or something hanging from the MIDDLE underbody of the car. Any ideas as to what it may be?
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Car part hanging?

Sounds like a piece of the exhaust broke off...I don't know if Mustangs have it, but some catalytic converter applications have a small exhaust recirc pipe going back to the engine...did it get noticeably louder at all? If something like that broke, it wouldn't be real loud, but maybe annoying.

One of the pipe hangers may have come off too, lowering the entire exhaust.
jantis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Car part hanging?

Probably part of the exhaust system...the pipes run all the way from the engine compartment to the back of the car, and often, the muffler doesn't connect until near the back of the car, which means there's a pipe running the length of the car.

Most of the time, this is not too complicated or expensive to repair, but is most easily done by a mechanic who can lift the whole car up off the ground.
cosgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Car part hanging?

Yes i do know what it is it si ur muffler and ur emergency cork must of snapped or u broke a bolt either way u need to just take it to a shop and they should fix it up for around $100.00
montrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion