Regarding A Vintage (Early 60s to Early 70s) Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Regarding A Vintage (Early 60s to Early 70s) Mustang?

Hi! It was recently my fourteenth birthday, and I decided it would be time to start saving for a car that I could fix up and rebuild. I've always liked mustangs, and I've been told they're easier to work with since they're older, but I honestly don't know much about the makes and models. So I was wondering if someone could suggest some models and parts dealerships for me, and even some good ways to buy used Mustangs. I love the 1968 GT Fastback, but Im also looking for a four seater convertible. The convertible is just optional, but I absolutely need a four seater. Thanks!
keandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

There are so many variables when buying a mustang and choosing one that I would suggest checking out this website to se what style you like first.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/64-66/66/

Then you must decide on Coupe, 2+2 (Fastback), or convertable.
The coupe will be cheaper. It tends to be less desirable than the other body styles. Do you want a V8 or In-line 6? Manual or Automatic?
The V8 289/302 will raise the price as well as having a 4 Speed manual transmission.

Make sure that what ever style you decide on that it's rust free. Rust repair can get expensive. Use a magnet to go along the body of a prospective vehicle to make sure there is no body filler. Get the VIN#(Vehicle Identification Number) and make sure that the options on the VIN match the car. Beware of the term "Rare". Everyone thinks that because they have an old mustang that it for some reason "Rare". Best of luck in your search!
Breanainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

A 14 Y.O. would need to be a drug dealer to afford a Early 60"s Mustang, and you can't do the required work yourself but it could be a good learning experience.
Generally men want a car from the year they were born so look there.
But start saving anyway.
chaakmongwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion