Car dealership is robbing me? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Car dealership is robbing me?

I purchased a 2008 Mustang and it a beauty. I have no problems with the deal I got and nothing in that form. I asked how much it would be for Louvers to be put on and painted. The dealership manager said 500 for the louvers and I said ok. They went ahead and charged me 500 and I thought it was a done deal and had to wait for the parts to come in. I get a call today from the dealership saying they only said for the 2 side back windows to get done. I explained I have it in writing that the 2 sides and back window were to be done. The manager said it would be more money for them and he wanted to give me back the 500. I told them I had a deal with them and now they are trying to screw me cause they gave the wrong quote. They wont do anything about it and I have no idea what to do. I have called th Dealership top manager and he said it was for the 2 windows only and I explained it was for all 3 and I have the paperwork. What do you thin I can do to fight this?
panteno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

if you are within your 30 days of purchasing the vehicle, and the installation was part of the buying agreement, take the car in and say you want to cancel the agreement. they can have the car back since you did not get your louvers for 500 as previously agreed upon. if they say you are mistaken and that was not part of the deal, say that is fine, i am willing to accept i misunderstood, but on that premise, i still don't want the car as i agreed to buy it on the premise i would get the louvers for 500. so the deal is in void. who do i give the keys to? i am pretty sure they will give you the installation in order to keep the sale, otherwise, turn it in and go somewhere else to get you a new car.

edited: why i am even answering to this but anyway, on the premise he had purchased the vehicle with the agreement that the louvers would cost 500 and he had it in writing, reasonable time period to allow them to install, communication back and forth as to why they haven't, etc. in my note below, i suggest getting legal advice and no where do i claim to be a lawyer. i guess we should also add each state is different with how they handle their laws. and nobody has told him to go to the better business bureau and file a consumer complaint but that is an option, too. i live in nh, feel free to take me to court under charges of pretending to be a lawyer. i am sure the local judge in my small town will take into account the fact this is an advice forum and nobody here is truly an 'expert' or can be proven otherwise, that we are all just trying to chat around with each other and get pointers, hopefully in the right directions. it's kind of like playing golf with your buddies, seeing you are a lawyer, and chatting about financial matters. i am sure in the end you go to your financial advisor, but do you threaten your lawyer buddies with lawsuits for giving financial tips based on their experiences while you are golfing?
arlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

all car salesmen & real estate agents are robbers. don't trust any of them.
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If you've got it in writing, you can go to court and get an order that they supply all the louvres, or sue them for damages which will be the value of all the windows they promised plus installation.

Just don't go back to the dealership after that for servicing. They can sabotage your car in so many ways....
Farren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

They gave you a wrong quote. Quotes are not final. The only thing you can do is to get a new updated price with what you want and go foward with that. Dont do business with them anymore. Car dealers are almost down there with thieves. What do you expect from someone who tries to squeeze every penny out of every deal?
wylingford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Good luck. If the work hasn't been done and they're offering your money back, take it. It sounds like you are trying to pull one over on the dealership by capitalizing on their mistake. People make mistakes from time to time, it happens.

There has been no harm done to you, so if you don't like the deal, take your money back and find someone who will do what you want them to do for the price you want to pay.
lugaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

ive never walked out of a car dealership where i didnt feel like i had just got screwed without getting kissed. its like when you sleep with someone you knew you shouldnt have.you just feel dirty
rosiyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

From a lawyer. You've got a good little case but that's the issue, it's little. However, the law provides a way for you to sue them cheap. It's called small claims court. Simply go to the Justice of the Peace who serves the area where the dealership is located. Tell them you want to file a small claim, bring your paperwork and they will type up your complaint and serve it on the dealership. I bet they will fold when they get it. If they don't fold then you go before a judge, like on TV and you'll get a decision.

Notice to non-lawyers. Giving legal advice (in any way) constitutes the unauthorized practice of law which may be prosecuted the State Bar of the State where you reside.

Christine M. What is your authority for advising that any installment contract on a vehicle purchase can be canceled within the first 30 days? To my knowledge this is totally wrong.
Berwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They need to give you the money back or do the job. A local attorney will probably write a nasty scare letter for a nominal fee. Also, call Ford (not the dealer, the manufacturer), the better business bureau, and possibly a local News station. They will see it your way once they see you can and will ruin their business over $500
meinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

In the US--You can't get an order to make them do this for $500, because small claims courts don't have that power and it will cost you more than $500 to take it to another court. They made a mistake. Either pay more for it or take the $500 back. You don't have any cost effective options.
agni is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion