What is the purpose of some of the stuff they put on cars on Mtv's Pimp My Ride? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is the purpose of some of the stuff they put on cars on Mtv's Pimp My Ride?

Let me cite a few examples:
All that video game stuff and DVD players in the back.Who wants to stand behind a car and play video games?
The 2003 Toyota Corolla with the monitors in the bumper,and the kid ends up wrecking the car AGAIN,along with the monitors.

The waterfall in the 1978 Caddy?
The bubble machine in the Mustang
Oh yeah,my favorite,the kid with the Ford Ranger they painted orange,he delivered auto parts with it.They filled the bed with all that crap,now he can't deliver parts with it anymore?It's no good to him with all that crap in the bed.

I mean,some of the stuff is pretty cool,like the 1991 Civic they did for that girls and her grandma,that one came out really nice,but there is some stupid stuff on that show.
I wonder why they don't do anything with the engine on all of them.I know they put new engines in some of them,but i'd rather just have a new motor,new paint,maybe a new stereo system,new interior,and
that's it.I'd be pissed if they put all that video crap in there where there's no point in having it.I'd rather have the game system in my living room.
searbhreathach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #2

What is the purpose of some of the stuff they put on cars on Mtv's Pimp My Ride?

You should write in to the show
Aulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I think the whole point is to make it as flashy and outrageous as possible so they come up with all these ideas and make it happen. I think it's a way from them to show their skills. You would be surprised at what people would do such as play video games from the back of the car and whatnot
cleavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I remember one where they put these ginormous speakers and some sort of monitor in the back of a hatchback. So much for passengers!! It's nice for TV but not practical for the road. I think the same thing about "Trick My Truck" on CMT. They take big rigs and pimp them out. Those guys( drivers ) have to make a living with those trucks and they could care less if the sleeper cab is made up to look like an ice cave! They just want their truck to run dependably so they can get their paycheck.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: What is the purpose of some of the stuff they put on cars on

its all just for tv.
the stig is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion