Hummer H3 or Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

I have a red 2005 Ford Mustang with white racing stripes that I just paid off but where I live in PA it is difficult to drive in the Winter so I am considering something with 4-wheel drive. A Hummer is the only truck/SUV that I like and I have the opportunity to trade my Mustang in for a pretty, red, 2006 Hummer that has half the miles and is fully loaded with extra crap like moon roof, chrome rims, leather interior, etc. The problem is, I would have a car payment again. Not much - $150/month for 60 months but still something. Anyways, not sure of what I should do as I like both cars. In terms of gas, the Hummer would use a little more but not that much more considering the small amount of driving I do annually and would be safer in snow, ice and rain. Please give opinions, pros and cons, etc. to help me decide. No stupid answers like, "Fords suck", etc. Oh, and no tree-hugging hippies. Yea, I know neither car is very "green". No need to remind me. Thank you to all who answer.
marcelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

I have an 06 H3 with the manual transmission.

Pros: The thing looks freakin awesome.
It is exceptionally easy to park, even in compact spots.
Easy to have serviced.
Far superior off road or in bad weather than any other passenger vehicle.
Resale recently went up slightly.
Good highway performance.

Cons: The 3.5L I5 has decent but not great power.
My 06 is the first build year, so there were some kinks worked out in the 07+ models. Get 07+ if you can.
Interior room leaves something to be desired, mainly in the back seat.
And like all hummers, the fuel mileage isn't phenominal but it's isn't the reckless gas guzzler that most people think it is. get 16.5 mpg average, and 19+mpg when on the highway.
fearghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

Ask yourself what would you rather be driving? How many days a year do you deal with snow? I live in RI and we only had maybe 5 days all winter where driving was an issue (I drive an 08' BMW 335i, rear drive, 300+hp). At this point with the economy I would stick to the car with no payments. Maybe in a year or so you would be in a better position to find something that you really like.
ranier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

Keep the stang!!! It's paid off and a hell of a nice ride! For the winter... find you a jeep xj (cherokee). Great in the snow and cheap! You should be able to find them for $1500-$2000 all day long. The 4.0 motor is good for 300k miles.
christianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

Snow tires for your Mustang are cheaper than $150 a month for 5 years! Not to mention you will not be happy with how a Hummer drives coming from a Mustang. If you really want something better in the snow, get an Audi.
coty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

hummers suck

keep mustang...get a 2500 dollar ford ranger or chev s 10...4x4 for winter..
collin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

ya i dont like hummers. dude i wud MUCH rather have the mustang. the hummer uses up too much gas and i just think theyre too big...
imported_Diandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

deffenitly mustang...............
finnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

Hummers are STUPID.
gaven60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

If you really dont drive that much, stick with the STANG!
pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

go and get hummer .it is the only suv that can balance its weight on any area.so it wont get stuck
kent12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

Hummer is going to be made in china so that's a though.If U like it that's what counts I drive a 8500 lb Dodge Diesel 4x4 and won't change it all 20 Mpg.
There's a lot U can do to the engines to increase the power for better mileage. The bad rap there getting U should be able to get 1 beyond cheap so make low offers the worst they can say is No. And your in the drivers seat.the insurance see if there going to punish U as they do on my truck. They say it can do a lot of damage if involved in a accident.Always nice to be on the winning side of any dispute.But the cost is more.Have fun.
sidney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

I think hummers are pretty cool cars and stuff. Yes they are good for four wheel drive and stuff but the gas is horrible. I'm not saying that because i wanna help same the planet and all the stupid stuff but it burns a whole in your wallet. Now a mustang is a pretty legit ride. It's decent on gas and whatnot. Honestly if you ask me, keep the mustang and just don't drive fast in the snow and ice and you'll be fine. I own a 1998 Nissan Sentra. Its a bomb waiting to explode and I've driven in show and ice. As long as you go slow and now speed, you'll be fine.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hummer H3 or Mustang?

neither, you country listening redneck. im surprised you can even use a computer.

Buy a BMW or a Mercedes and show that you actually have taste
lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion