67 mustang rear quarter panels? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Ryn
Registered Member
Regular

67 mustang rear quarter panels?

which is best to use quarter panels that fit the coupe or full quarter panels, i'm replaceing my and i want to know which are easest for the body shop to install. i have a 67 mustang fast back, and prefer to use the coupe panels so i don't have to remove interior parts. please let me know which way to go. thanks
Ryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

i do this some times at my shop,and i always use the full panels ,but its more work if yours aren't that bad and don't want to fool with all the interior work,the half quarters work as good,,if you don't need full ones i wouldn't put them on,,just make sure that who ever is doing this is good at it,,if not they will warp the car,i seen one ,that you could tell they were welded on wrong,,and it looked bad,anyone who knows about cars will be able to see this also,but id go with the half quarters if your upper part is good,,hope this help,s.good luck with it,,happy new years.
cosgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Rust or collision?
I would replace the entire panel myself. The old ponys were wicked-bad for rusting on the lower qt panels both front and rear portions. It really is no more trouble to replace the whole thing vs sectioning a repair panel.
Elishama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

DO NOT TRY AND SAVE AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE A VERY AWESOME CAR SO USE THE WHOLE PANELS DO NOT CUT CORNERS TO SAVE A FEW PENNY'S
beshiltheeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It depends on what damage or rot your trying to replace. They just came out with the replacement 1/4 panels for the 67/68
fastback. If it's damage above the 1/4 (near the vent) you have to
use the new panels, only because they don't have anything, except these panels to repair vent,unless you can find a FB to
cut(which are hard to find). If your just repairing rust,etc any
good replacement panel is best to use. By using the full 1/4 you have not only take out the interior, but cut into the roof
Bearach is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion