How much would it cost to swap an engine for another one you bought? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How much would it cost to swap an engine for another one you bought?

I'll have the link at the bottom its a crate engine how much would it cost to put one of these in a 1997 mustang. It is a ford engine how much would it cost to put this in and what would the shop have to do for it to go in?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10261
skeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hi, to do this job you are talking in the region of 2 days work, a day to remove & a day to replace, if you get this done make sure you get the axillary belts changed ( ALL) i am not sure if the mustang is on a Belt or chain, if chain, no probs if belt, replace, then you have the oils,filters, coolant+ Antifreeze I would also replace Plugs,Fuel filter + all filters, I would also have the unit Dio tested & get a receipt for the work done for future reference. cost in the UK Just short of 500. $1000 unless you can take the ob on your self & save $$$$$$$$. Good Luck.
bernardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If the engine is for the same year, and is the same engine you should do it yourself. It will cost $200 for the lift, balancer, and chains. A Haynes manual will tell you what to do step by step. If you are changing a V-6 for a V-8 I would have it done, because there are some changes that are a little more difficult. The answer is yes you can change them out. Those engines are great too. I put one in a Thunderbird and it got 400 HP at the wheels.
Kilian is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion