Which to buy 540i or mustang help plz? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Which to buy 540i or mustang help plz?

Okay im finally getting my first car but im stuck b/w these car and dont know which to buy... i want to know which is more reliable and of course i'll probably add some some performance parts down the road.
2002 BMW 540i or 2003 Mustang GT both manual... which will last longer and which is faster?
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 05:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

First, because you are a first time buyer I would suggest to buy an American car because you cand add some cheap parts to your car. Instead if you wanna choose a good car and quality of driving every day, try a BMW. But be carefully, if you have any problems with your BMW will be a very expensive ride. I'm from Europe and I like germans, I have here in USA a BMW 528i and it's a very good car .
Buy what you can afford, because the car is not an investment, you spend money with cars. Use american cars.
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i would definitely go with the mustang, but then i'm biased (had 2 bmw's in the past, generally over rated in my view & sure expensive to rum/maintain/upgrade)....
love my present mustang....in any event ck out this recent forum dealing with same kind of debate:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...nfo-DovTbvsdaa

cheers (2004 cobra 575 rwhphttp://www.cardomain.com/member_page...jpg?191110-286
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Wut? The Mustang will almost certainly be more reliable and if anything breaks it would be cheaper to fix. The Bimmer would be faster and handle better though.
Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

the BMW 540i is more reliable but the Mustang GT would be easier to find upgrade parts and faster.
woolcott is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion