Should I get the new 2011 mustang v6 gets 31 mpg? I'm just turning 17 ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Should I get the new 2011 mustang v6 gets 31 mpg? I'm just turning 17 ?

It does not get 31mpg. That is a highway test rating that does not reflect real world driving, which will be more like 20mpg. If you want mileage get a small car. Ignore the others here who say "get the V-8", etc. They are talking nonsense. The worst thing a young person like you can do is get a powerful car that's hard to control, and easy to get in trouble with. The insurance will be very expensive.

zxc090
napayshni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Lets ask some questions:

-Do you have the money to pay for this car? If not, can your parents pay for it?

-Do you really want the car? Are there any other alternatives that interest you?

-Are you aware that you're 17 years old and will be driving a brand new muscle car? And if you are, are you aware that you're at an age where your real world driving experience is minimal?

Be smart and realistic here. You're young, you're inexperienced, and you'll be driving a car that with your age/experience creates the perfect recipe for disaster.

I understand if you don't want a cheap piece of crap as your first car, but consider the losses. But yourself a moderately good car instead if you must, but don't invest on something that's most likely going to be wrapped around another car in the near future.

There's a reason why insurance agencies charge so much for teens and for those types of cars.
neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

not if you're smart

If you're smart you'd get something cheap but reliable, as well as something that you don't mind banging up as you learn what you're actually doing behind the wheel and save the nice cars for when you have a better chance of paying your own insurance (and not costing your parents a 2nd mortgage) and an actual hope of keeping them in one piece
panteno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

just because it claims 31 doesnt mean you'll get it. and if you do, not for long. MPGs is a marketting tool car makers throw around for trust. 1970s every company claimed 40 MPGs. 31MPGs is a crock of shiit. so i think u should NOT get a mustang. get a safe car that wont cost a fortune to insure.
stanwyk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Personally I see a lot of Mustangs on the road, but I don’t see a lot of Camaros! They’re definitely unlike anything else on the road right now and are also available with a V6 engine. I say check out the Camaro!

Laura
GM Customer Service
gaven60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #6

The car is quick so why not. The V8 may get less mileage but its FASTER!
Armondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The V-6 is slow trash, go for the 5.0
ranier is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2011 mustang