Should i buy 2012 mustang v6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Should i buy 2012 mustang v6?

i am planing on leasing a new 2012 mustang v6.
what i want to do is lease this vehicle with no money down.
yes i know my payments will go higher but i plan on spending 279-329 a month for the lease.
i have a 2006 jetta 2.5 with 65k miles on it.
i am having problems with the jetta, mostly electrical issues.
so, i heard that if i owe more money on my jetta than what its worth(about 2k difference)
the dealership will pay off the car your leasing.
so i just want to know if this is the best idea?
terrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #2

The dealership won't just "pay off the car", they will roll that debt into the price of the new car, you don't get away with being upside down in your previous car.

Generally this is a really bad idea, you should never trade in a car that you owe more than it's worth.
imported_Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Don't lease, that's gonna end up being a pretty bad idea, especially if you owe money on your VW in the first place.

Second, buy something more reliable than a Mustang. You can get a cheap used Nissan or Mitsu that will outlast and outperform a V6 Mustang, and considering you might be facing a sticky financial situation getting a new car if you still owe on your current one, a cheap used car will be the way to go, as long as it's something reliable.
wetherly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Use an auto loan payment calc like this one:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loan-...469762648?mt=8

to negotiate a good deal with the dealership and find an amount that you are comfortable paying. If you are leasing, you have to pay taxes each month which is usually around $40 or more extra added onto the payment.
ranier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
wu
Registered Member
Regular

Hi Alex,

I’m excited to hear your next vehicle choice is the 2012 Mustang!

Ford Credit offers several different options and services to put you behind that ‘Stang wheel; visit: http://www.Fordcredit.com/buy/buy_buying_leasing.jhtml to help you make your decision. Once your final financing choice is made, head on over to: http://www.Ford.com/Dealerships/Locate/ to locate your nearest dealership and sign those ownership papers.

Good Luck!

Noemi
Ford Customer Service Division
wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Leasing is paying full price for a car to give it back in a few years. Leasing is the biggest scam out there, don't lease any vehicle if you like your money.
marcelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I would get a low mileage used mustang. They are so cheap compared to their new prices, it'd be a better choice financially.
quigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #8

leasing is a waste of money
Jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

"i heard that if i owe more money on my jetta than what its worth(about 2k difference)
the dealership will pay off the car your leasing."

If you're already leasing another car, they may not even want to deal with it. And if they do, they'll just roll the lease from the Jetta into the lease of the Mustang, so you'll be effectively leasing two cars and only having access to one car. This would be an utterly asinine way of going about it.

Leasing isn't the same as buying. When you lease a car, generally you don't pay as much per month as you would if you were buying it, However you are limited to X number of miles a year, and you aren't building equity. When the lease expires you turn the car back in to the dealership, you don't get to keep it. When you buy a car you do pay more per month, but there are no mileage restrictions, and whatever money you pay into the car builds equity into the car, when you are done paying off the car, the car is yours and you keep it.

You say you have leasing a 2006 Jetta? Are you sure you're actually leasing it and not financing it? I've never seen a 6 year lease before.

The best idea of course is simply to pay for the car outright in cash. That's what I've always done.
Jorell is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2012 mustang