Mods for my 1998 Mustang? 10 Points Best answer.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mods for my 1998 Mustang? 10 Points Best answer.?

Ive got a v6 3.8L 1998 Mustang. Its red and just about everything is stock except my K&N Air Filter. Just want some ideas of what i should do as in Body kits, hoods, exhaust, wheels, interior, exterior. Everything!! Thanks !
jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I'd go over to Americanmuscle.com They'll have everything and give you ideas to, just by roaming the site. for wheels, stay with american rims, dont get any of hat euro stuff. Ive got some type of billet anthrodite on mine, and it looks good. but really everything is your own preference. exhaust, if you liek noise go for x pipes or h pipes, get rid of your cats, and get the MIL wires. When you go for an inspection just make sure that they are not the type to look under the car. on the computer it will pass though. Also get a shorty antenna. I just ordered mine, but my brother has one on his, it looks a lot better than the long ones. If you like the louvers, look into reat window and side ones (im assuming not convertible) but if it is a convertible, get the styling bar. Grills are another thing to look at, i have only been able to find the billet grill which im ot a huge fan of, so im deciding to make my own.
primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Body kits? None. This isn't a civic.
Hoods? Keep the stock one. Unless you need clearance for a massive engine, or are reducing the weight with a carbon fiber hood, it's pointless to replace it for looks, especially when most aftermarket hoods are hideous.
Exhaust...Stick with a single exhaust. 2.5" single, headers, high flow Y pipe, will do just fine.
Interior...If you're going to race the car, get a lightweight race seat like a Kirkey, Sparco, Corbeau, etc. If not, leave it as is and just upgrade the stereo as you see fit.
Wheels...17s are a good size.
If you want more power than basic bolt ons, which would get you about 170--180whp, then just sell the car, spend $500 more and get a GT.
Matchitehew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #4

Dual exhaust will boost your horse power, 5pt safety harnesses. Look on Summit racing for more ideas. I'd keep the stock rims. After market rims to me just make the car look ugly. I would also add oversized breaks all the way around.

Just be prepared to spend over $6,500 for all the modificataions to your car.
Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Not the best choice for modifications.

You already wasted money on the cold air intake.

Here is what I would do if I were you if you want something that is actually fast. Sell this Mustang. Add the large amount of money that you would have spent on modifications to this 6 banger Mustang. Use this money to buy a Mustang GT.

You will have a car that will be faster than your 6 banger Mustang could ever hope to be. People just don't modify 6 banger Mustangs. But you will find lots of aftermarket parts for a V8 Mustang GT.

If you want something that is fast, don't screw around with the 6 banger Mustang. Get something that is already fast to begin with, like a Mustang GT
imported_kit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1998 mustang