05 Mustang squealing problem? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
05 Mustang squealing problem?

My 2005 Mustang has a squealing problem but Im not sure what it is. At first I thought it was a belt but the squealing only happens at lower speeds like around 10-25 mph and increases slightly when the car moves fasters. It doesn't squeal at complete stops, high speeds, or when reving, and it doesnt squeal when you first start driving the vehicle so i think it needs to warm up to make the noise. Since it doesnt squeal when reving in neutral it cant be a belt, it only does it when the car is in motion. The sound is coming from the passenger under part or the car and it sounds like a metal to metal squeal. Almost like a cricket chirp. At first I was told it was my exhaust since one of the transmission crossmember rubber was ripped but after i got it fixed the car continued to squeal the next day. PLEASE any help or suggestions is HUGELY appreciated, Thanks!!

duck-young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
05 Mustang squealing problem?

it sounds like a bearing may be going out............. if it IS a bearing on something going out, then i promise you'll figure out what it is really soon... it will fail with sudden force and cease up randomly while you're driving.

it's pretty dramatic, and causes your belt to scream like a pig thrown into a ............... nevermind... point is, it's probably going to make a crapload of noise, smoke will pour out from under your hood, and you're going to think the car is about to explode and you may end up needing to replace your belt............. and your underware....

but it wont cause any permanent damage to your engine (UNLESS it's you're MAIN BEARINGS going out, then your motor is ******... )

whatever it is that goes out, you will probably have to remove your belt, or CUT the damn thing off and drive straight to an autozone immediately to get a new belt and whatever the thing is that ceased. you'll have as long to get there as your battery has life in it since the alternator won't be charging. this means turn the ac / heat, stereo, and everything else off that isn't essential to your car's ability to drive, and go STRAIGHT to autozone, or get as close as you can get to one before the damn car puts to a stop with a dead battery.......... or if you're closer to home, you should probably go there instead lol... use your common sense anyhow...
Jacot is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion