Which is better, mustang or jeep? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Which is better, mustang or jeep?

i am turning 16 soon and getting a car, i have been looking at cars and i like none of them but mustangs and jeeps. if i were to get either one i would get the 2005 mustang auto, or the 2005 jeep cherokee auto 3.7 L. i do not know which one is better. i live 10 miles from school so i would have a 20 mile trip everyday, i want a cheaper insured car and good on gas. so any opinions on these? or do you have any good first car suggestions? i like more newer like 04 and up.
eoghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Chances are that the Mustang being the type of car of it is would cost more to insure. I'm not sure if the Jeep would be any better. Try to get a quote from some insurance companies though because it all varies especially if you're going under your parents insurance and they have been with that company for a long time. I personally would pick the Mustang, but it all depends on what you're willing to pay for insurance. Basically you're picking between speed and dependability.

I had a Jeep Wrangler and traded it in for a Ford Mustang GT. No regrets.
Kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

This depends on where you live. If it snows then forsure get the jeep because they are reliable and good in the winter and mustangs are rwd so they are garbage in snow unless you have winter tires but if you live in a hot place then the mustang would be alot of fun and if its a v6 then it would be better on gas.
imported_Kodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Apples and oranges here. One is an SUV, the other is a sports coupe. Obviously you want a V6 Mustang if you want fuel economy. The Cherokee won't be good on fuel, considering it outweighs the Mustang by a good half car. But really, these two cars are so different that you shouldn't be comparing them. They serve two very different functions. What do you need from your car?
dooley28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #5

you really can't compare the two,
one is made for speed
one is made for off road ability
Jacot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:02 AM   #6

Heres the thing kid, your first car is not your dream car.
you will have it for a while, but it is not the end of the earth if you dont 'like' it
If it gets you A to B you should appreciate that, and not be picky and say 'oh i dont like any cars but mustangs and jeeps of this specific year'

As a first you get what you can (and what you can easily afford)

As for what is better? if you get a v6 mustang it will truck on forever and ever, i mean 200k miles as long as you are not stupid driving it.
It will be more expensive to insure because of the mustang name, but if you can manage that because you save money on purchase price then that is ok.

But too, the jeep will truck on just as long as long as it has not been offroading. it would likely be cheaper and cheaper to insure. Gas mileage is irrelevant between your choices, as it is mediocre either way.

Up to you
but i would consider what i said about your first car, and just get something that will go reliably and be more fun as a light weight car instead of an suv or sports car-ish

Good luck
Rayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion